What size clothes do you wear....

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 9:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

FYI...this is a longer post than I am used to posting, so I apologize in advance:

Yesterday I asked how much veterans gained many years out....upon reflection I decided a better question would be what size clothes are you settled at?  I realised we are all different sizes and shapes and for fun thought I would post my results and if you want to share yours please do so, it may help newbies better understand long term results.

I am almost one year post op and have my one year follow-up next week and am nervous because I realise I am unsure if they will think I am doing well.  Then I thought about it and realised that the truth is I am happy and as long as I keep trying to eat healthy and exercise all will work out.  I also realised that just using weight loss for me was not working and then realised clothing size works better for me personally to visualize my success:

Thus: here are my stats:

1 year post op on April 16th, 5'5" tall, 102 pound lost (258 start weight to 156)

Goal weight 145 pounds

Clothing:

Tops:  Small and medium (used to wear a 3X)

Pants: size 8 or a size 29 jeans (used to wear an 18/20)

Dresses: size 8 or 10 (used to wear 18)**Note I now have thin toned arms which I work hard on and can wear sleeveless dresses which I have not worn in twenty years

When I compare clothing size instead of weight loss #'s, for me I can see the results better and can quantify visually what I have accomplished.  Just going by weight for me does not work as I then panic and start worrying about my results being satisfactory.

I also realised I need to set future goals for the next stage:  

New goals:  

1)  Start walking outside now that it is warmer

2) I have cardio and arm toning and tummy toning down, but working from a home gym am struggling with leg toning.  I have decided to join a gym and try it to see if leg toning may be easier there.   Also on an interesting note:  I just remembered that when I weighed this much over twenty years ago I found my thighs large and weighing less I don't but would like to tone them which is probably all I needed to do then also but was not into fitness at that time.  Funny how hindsight gives you so much clarity!

Well please share your results if you want.

Kelly

roxytrim
on 3/31/15 9:54 pm, edited 3/31/15 10:02 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

What a good way to look at things!  I'm 5'7" and weigh 155, wear anywhere from a 6 to a 10 pant depending on brand/style. Size 8-10 dress. S to M top.  I swim do yoga and weight train.  I've always been a walker.  My attitude at this weight waries from before in that I realize I am the best I'm gonna be so flaunt it.  I'm 57 now and take every opportunity to use my reclaimed physical health.  I wear my clothes nice and snug 'cause I'm going to enjoy the fruits of my labour while I can.

Although I am at the top of my normal BMI range I am perfectly happy here, don't wish to pu**** to go any lower because this weight is easily sustainable in the long run and I don't want to spend anymore years on the scale seasaw.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 10:26 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

thank you for sharing.  I feel the same way and will be happy being size 8 and will strive to stay there.  I think eating well and exercise for my is personally important and as long as I feel good and can maintain a size I am happy with that is my ultimate goal.  I am not ashamed to go out in form fitting clothes and now when people look at me I no longer feel they are looking because I am fat....I want to keep it that way.

Thank you for sharing it really helps.

Kelly

Zizzler
on 3/31/15 10:35 pm

Hey there, I was wondering the same thing.  I am 7 months out.  I do the weight machines and my legs are very strong although I am not liking the cellulite/extra skin in that area. I am hoping it will improve with time.  I use a dry brush before showering and bathing and I think it helps.  It definitely fells awesome that's for sure!  If you have a fit4less near you it is only 10 dollars a month and they have all the weight machines.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 11:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I live in the middle of no where.  the closest fitness centre cost 600 for a year which is good, but I have been holding off as our house is for sale and we plan to move.  However I have decided that I can't wait any longer and will join regardless.  I am exited and can't wait as it is a new work out facility and quite nice.

Zizzler
on 4/4/15 11:23 pm

Awesome!

Catw
on 3/31/15 10:50 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Sizing of clothes is a challenge, as even the fashion industry admits that they don't have standards.  Which is why I hate shopping for clothes.  I don't have the patience for it.  I'd like a 14 to be a 14 all over, but that is a fantasy.

Tops: L - XXL depending on make (was a 4X or 5X at the start)

Pants: 12 - 18, depending on make and style (was 24 or 26 at the start)

Dresses: M - XXL depending on make/style (was about a 26 before)

Bathing suit:  Last I checked, a 12 fit. Won't be long and I'll try them on again (Was about a 24)

I'm about 5' 9" and about 209 lbs.  Will that be my smallest?  We'll see after summer. I'm happy where I am, but it would be nice to start the number with a 1, and not because I'm stressed out.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 11:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

You have done really well and for your height (lucky you) 209 is not much.

Patm
on 3/31/15 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think clothes sizing definitely depends on body shape. I am currently at 150 and wear a size 12. When I was 140 I could wear a 10. I am 5'5 but carry what weight I have in my hips and legs. I always have. I am happy to just be able to buy nice clothes that I like.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 11:31 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I am like you and agree with you....shopping is so much fun now.

Most Active
Recent Topics