Love / Hate stage ??

jaxie77
on 3/31/15 5:12 am, edited 3/31/15 5:21 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hello lovelies ! 

Hope everyone is doing great on this kinda spring day ! I just wanted to post an update on my progress , and get a wee bit of frustrationout in the meantime . So I'm around 4 months out now , and my god it's went fast !! To some degree it still feels like this whole thing is just starting really , if that makes sense ! In a way I guess it is , I'm only 4 months in to the rest of my life with the new me :) 

Anyway , everything is going really well for me I'm happy to say . I have had it relatively easy so far , in my opinion . I don't have much hunger and I don't struggle with any foods or getting fluids in so for me ...I'm winning ! As of this morning , I'm at 230 lbs . That is from my highest weight on the day before Opti ( November 25th) of 320 ,so 90 lbs down !! I feel really fantastic and I am loving the feeling of anticipation every morning , for just life in general . Life is so much easier when your body is willing and able to move and do things . Instead of that bone tired achy feeling I used to have . I mean I realize I'm still very overweight of course but I honestly don't feel it some days . Hubby keeps telling me how ' tiny ' I am now ,and a couple of clients have said things like ' oh your fading away ' and so on . One of them this morning said something along those lines and I told her what I weighed ( I've known her for years and consider her a friend ) and she did not believe me! She said I carry it well , which made me feel good ! 

Anyway , the love hate thing I'm going on about , I feel like im in a Limbo stage where I'm so happy but other things are bugging me . The one thing I'm stressing over is the hair loss. OMG it's scary ! I already have thin fine hair and have lost a lot over the years due to a thyroid condition . So I really can't afford to lose more , but alas ..it's happening . In the shower the other day I could literally feel it then see it falling down my legs  I'm gonna have to go get it cut short methinks! Anyone have any suggestions as to how long this could last ? 

The other thing is my bingo wings ! They are flopping around all over the place ! Lol ....actually making sounds !! HAHAHA ! Like when I'm in the shower and washing ( and shedding **** loads of hair ) I hear them flopping against my body ! Jeezo ....so crazy . But anyway , not gonna moan about it as this is what I signed up for . But I will look forward to a day when my hair grows back , and maybe have filled my arms with some muscle and don't have soundtrack to everything I'm doing ! I had some constipation last week too ...it lasted for 7 days and I was really getting worried . And I gained 6 lbs !! That's crazy ! Especially as the time went on I was down on my eating because I just had zero appetite as I felt soo bunged up . I tried a few thing and it eventually worked out and ended up going in the opposite direction ! Lol ....but ill take that over not going any day . 

Anyway , apart from these wee things , I'm loving it all . And I'm so glad I did this for myself . I really am . I can feel my mindset in a different place too , I really have a different view on why I'm eating and when . I know this could slip or change down the line , but the way I feel right now , I'm determined for this to work and stay working ! 

I have posted a new pic in my profile too , it was taken around 10 days ago and I've lost another 6 lbs since then. Life is good and I just wanted to share . It's a big step to take ,but very worth it . It improves so many aspects of your life , some I didn't even consider . I'm so willing to put myself out there now , instead of backing away from things . I feel better at my job , I feel like im a better Mum and Wife , and I feel kinder to myself . No more constantly berating myself in my head because of bad choices or feeling miserable just because I'm fat and I can't stop making said bad choices ! 

So , like I said ..just wanted to share and I wish the same ( minus the hair loss and bingo wings ) for everyone just starting out . You have made a great choice . And if  you work hard and changing the head parts  , you'll do awesome ! 

Thanks for reading 

Jax x

lammytee14
on 3/31/15 5:25 am

You're making great progress! Keep up the great work! :)

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

jaxie77
on 3/31/15 9:11 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Thanks Tammy :) 

Northernlightsmom
on 3/31/15 5:28 am - Canada

Wow I am so happy for you! The hair loss will get better so no worries. Ya I know....easy for me to say now that mine is coming back in but it is all just a bump in the road ( a really great road). Checked out your pics and you are beautiful before and after your weight loss and you look so happy. 90 pounds in only four months is amazing. You will be through this "limbo" stage sooner than your think. Be happy with yourself now and every day will be that much better. Congrats again and can't wait to see more updates.

Take care,

Tara :)

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

jaxie77
on 3/31/15 9:13 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Aw thank you Tara :) And good to hear !! I can handle this as long as I know it's coming back ! Lol ......thanks for you loverly words , I am happy and loving every minute xx 

Jax x

Patm
on 3/31/15 5:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have taken up swimming lengths. I find the workout is helping me gain some muscle in my arms making the bat wings not quite as bad.

Try not to go so long with the constipation. Try upping your fiber and adding a stool softener. If you up te fiber make sure you drink a lot with it or it will make it worse.

You are doing really great so good luck with your continued journey

jaxie77
on 3/31/15 9:22 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Thanks Pat , yeah I swim a lot , I always have . It's defo my favorite of excercise but I also just love to swim and be in the water . I'm from a long line of water babies ! Lol 

The constipation thing kind of snuck up on me . I did have an issue at the beginning but then all was well and I'd go most days . But I have a back issue and didn't get my prescription for the meds I take for it in fast enough before the weekend , so I bought T1's .....big mistake ! Everything ground to a halt. After day 4 I took 3 sennakot ...nothing , same again day 5 and nada ! Day six I spoke to the pharmacist and she said I'd would be safe for me to try Ducolax , which I did and it worked . I was also unaware that I could still be taking stool softeners . She said she'd had some experience dealing with RNY patients and done some reading , she said I could take them Regularly . So I've added them to my day . 

The key for me I think , is to stay away from the codeine ! The pain meds I take for Degenerative Disc actually helps me I find . so I need to just be more on the ball . 

Thanks again dear :) 

Jax x

Dreamy74
on 3/31/15 5:49 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Jaxie I am 7.5 weeks out from surgery.  I have lost 46 pounds since starting Opti on January 16th and I know what you mean about the bingo wings.  I call mine my bingo flappers LOL.  I have about 100 more pounds to lose to get to my personal goal of 145 and I have already opened up a savings account to start saving for plastics.  I am going to need my tummy and my bingo flappers done.  But I am so glad I did this, I am feeling better and better each day about myself and it's wonderful.  You are my inspiration too!!!  xoxoxo

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

jaxie77
on 3/31/15 9:29 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Aw Thanks Dreamy !! So lovely :) And wow ! You're doing amazeballs !! Well done ! Yes aren't those Bingo Flappers a nightmare !!?  That's a good one .....and great idea about the savings account . I have loads to save for at the  minute , my sis is getting married next year ( she is back home in Scotland ) and I'm maid of honor , so we are saving for flights , and kilts and dresses and all the girls are going off to Spain for the ' Hen doo ' before the wedding for 5 nights ( not sure what it's called here ?Jack and Jill maybe ?) So that's another Jar I've started !!! Plastics may have to wait . But I'm a big believer in starting jars ...even a few loonies in it at the end of the day / week all adds up right ? I may just start one ;)  I do hope they firm up a little but I'm not banking on it . 

Good luck doll , and keep it up you are doing fantastic ! 

Jax xx

ready-4-new-start
on 3/31/15 6:58 am - Canada

I am pre op in the beginning of the process just wanted to say congratulations on ur success so far. You look amazing hoping one day I will be as successful as you 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Most Active
Recent Topics