What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Zizzler
on 4/13/15 8:40 pm

good morning everyone!

early morning today, trying to get some work done before things get too crazy.  The gym tonight to unwind.

7 months post-op

b - premier protein shake, xl decaf coffee

s - plain greek yogurt with low carb granola 

l - arugula salad with pc angus beef and blue cheese dressing, small Apple

s - cucumber, smart protein bar blueberry

D - same as lunch

s - 1 slice pb28 toast with a little margarine and nsa jam and pb28 protein peanut butter

all water and vits

Karen M.
on 4/13/15 8:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

OMG, wasn't it gorgeous out there yesterday?! I nearly pulled a Mary-Tyler-Moore in the parking lot at work.  Zizz, those Smart bars are fairly palatable for 10g of protein. Not a "protein bar" eater, but didn't mind the blueberry or the apple ones. Tanya, did you hear anything about the interview yet? CC, your swan tale made me giggle - I would have loved to have seen the "drum major"! I think I read yesterday that Barb is heading home - or golfing her way home - she's coming back to some awfully nice southern Ontario weather for a change.

Busy day at work ahead, lots of follow-up/clean-up/put it to bed and out of your head stuff to do. Have a couple of errands to run after work and I've got to make a dental appointment, I've lost a filling somehow :/ Not sure what else I'll get up to.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x several over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek, sprinkle of toasted almonds, a few green grapes

L - small whole wheat tortilla stuffed with leftover BBQ chicken, lettuce, tomato, red onion, "stuck" with some tzatziki

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2)

D - breakfast for dinner (gawd I love this) - 1 egg, 4 slices bacon, sliced tomato, maybe a bite or two of toast but probably not

S - not sure yet!

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 4/13/15 9:12 pm

Good morning everyone.  Karen I could totally see you doing a Mary Tyler Moore.

Today it's a lot of house tidying and paperwork.  I have a workman coming over this afternoon.  I really hate the days when I don't make it to the pool.

8 months post op

B. Large decaf

S. Poached egg with 1 slice of mushroom pizza (didn't have this yesterday)

L. Chicken Waldorf salad

S. Another large decaf coffee

D. Bacon wrapped scallops

S. Large cup of decaf tea, and piece of Mexicana cheese

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 4/13/15 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

.....we're gonna make it after aaaalllll......

whee!

Damn, I'm really showing my age.

Karen

Zizzler
on 4/14/15 7:20 am

Lol

btw I tried the sliced angus beef, it was really good, thanks for the tip.

Zizzler
on 4/14/15 6:42 am

Those smart bars, especially the blueberry one, are really good.  Only problem is when I have them in the house they are all I want to eat! They do have some carbs so it can be a challenge.  

Karen M.
on 4/14/15 8:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

They're a "last resort, grab-and-go" for me. I bought a box and immediately gave 2/3 of them away to whomever wanted to try them. The 1/3 I kept are in my desk at work for situations where I don't get to have lunch (unplanned instances due to emergent meetings/situations, etc.). I liked both the blueberry and apple, but do find them fairly sweet. Not nearly as sweet as if they had been chocolate (like most protein bars lol).

I'm glad you liked the angus beef - I'm assuming you're referring to the President's Choice angus roast beef? Or maybe you were referring to the "Walmart steaks" - I highly recommend either apparently. lol

Karen

Zizzler
on 4/14/15 9:23 pm

PC Angus beef, I have not tried the steaks yet but it's definitely on my list to try.  I tried the p28 bread for the first time and it is pretty good although a little sweet.  The p28 protein peanut butter tastes good but the texture is grainy.  I may try heating it up in the micro for a few seconds to see if that will help the texture.  I need to build up an emergency stock at work too, great idea.

Patm
on 4/13/15 9:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. My dh will drop me at work today with my bike, First bike home of the season. Thought I would take it easy and only bike home. See how it goes then do both ways. One woman I work with suggested mediating at work yesterday just for 20 minutes. It was great but did it after my swim and fell a sleep for a minute. Perhaps not good to do when I am physically tired.

b greek yogurt, sunrise vanilla cereal, rapberries

l chili, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d pork souvlaki, kale salad, grn beans, tzatziki

s crackers, 2 laughing cow

cal 1050 carb107 prot 101

new_me180
on 4/13/15 9:27 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day out there already. No breakfast or lunch for me today as i have a gastroscopy this afternoon, wish me luck. Yesterday i had a repeat CT scan and had to drink that nasty shake twice,  yuk, can never get used to it. I swear, i spend more time going to appointments in Guelph than anything else, lol. Hopefully Dr Reed can give me answers or else i'll have to go for an exploratory lap. Will keep you posted as soon as i'm less groggy.

B - none

L - none

S - protein bar

D - grilled pork shoulder, salad/green beans

S - turkey flakes

Will see how i feel and will add in another snack.

Have a good day all, Nia.

Most Active
Recent Topics