HRRH - Vitamins information

Amanda F.
on 4/19/15 1:30 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hello, I am not sure if anyone can help me. I start my Optifast tomorrow and I need to buy the vitamins for post op. I cannot find my information booklet that has all the recommended doses for the vitamins that we need after surgery. I have my PATTS appointment on April 28th and my surgery is on May 11 but I dont want to wait until then to buy all the vitamins. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I was thinking I could also call HRRH tomorrow and see if they can help me with the information. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

Seyenna
on 4/19/15 3:05 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Generally you need a good multivitamin, vitamin D/calcium, and b12. For me I take prenatals for the high iron, d/calcium 3x a day (I'm really bad at skipping those..) and I take a b12 injection every 3-4 weeks or so.

Yours may or may not have more or less based on your bloodwork. I did all my care through HRRH too. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

northernga1
on 4/19/15 6:25 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

i bought centrum chewables from vitacost.com it has the recommended iron and its chewable.  

b12 i bought from vitacost.com they have some good buy 1 get one 1/2 off sales sometimes got about 8 months worth of for $12 from the bogo sale. 

Calcium citrate you can ask any pharmacy to order from behind the counter they are chewable and about $10 for 60.  see the picture below.  not sure why its side ways.  If you have a cell i can text you a picture instead if you want.  all you need to do is ask the pharmacy to order it in for you, the number on the bottom of the bottle is all they needle.  pm me if you want the picture sent to you in a text instead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

mum2TNT
on 4/19/15 7:26 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hi Amanda!  I am in Oshawa also and also going through HRRH.  I would call them and they can probably email you another copy of that, its good to have :)

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Amanda F.
on 4/19/15 8:18 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank you everyone for your help I greatly appreciate it. And also thank you for the picture I saved it on my phone 

Most Active
Recent Topics