nuts?

Nikki101
on 4/25/15 1:47 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Almost 3 months post op. 

Just wondering when you guys started eating nuts and when they're alowed... I'm craving sting wth a crunch and would love a few almonds.

Thanks.

Dreamy74
on 4/25/15 3:03 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Nikki I had surgery Feb 4th and 6th (had a complication) of this year and I just tried peanuts for the first time last Sunday (the 19th).  I got the peanuts in the shell, unsalted, and ate about 3/4 a cup slowly over about an hour's time, and I chewed really well.  I found they did not bother me at all.  I have been having up to a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter periodically from time to time over the last month and so that is why I started with peanuts.  Just be sure to go slow and watch the calories as nuts are high in calories as I am sure you know.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!  xxoo

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Nikki101
on 4/25/15 4:32 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Yea I was just thinking I'd love a few almonds.

hmtmomof4
on 4/27/15 2:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Ok this is kinda gross but here goes....

i will preface this by saying I tolerate everything just fine....no matter how high things are in sugar, fat, calories etc. 

while I tolerate nuts just fine, my body does not break them down well. Let's just say when this happens, passing them can be quite.....errrr.....abrasive!! Lol I was having a lot of potty issues and finally linked it to the rough, in digested nuts!!

be careful, your butt will thank you!! Lololol 

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Karen M.
on 4/27/15 9:05 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Albeit funny, this is an excellent warning/heads-up!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics