My first post: Dr. Timothy Jackson, Upcoming Surgery

tracey_1971
on 4/26/15 2:40 am, edited 4/26/15 6:07 am - Canada
RNY on 06/09/15

Hi Everyone!

I've been on this site for about a year, but this is my first post....I'm getting braver! lol

I'm scheduled to have my RNY surgery on June 9, 2015 at Toronto Western Hospital.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice...

Has anyone Had Dr. Jackson as their surgeon? How was the experience?

Has anyone had their Pre Op Clinic via telehealth? What to expect?

Any input about the Toronto Western Hospital environment, staff, how long was your stay?

Is the nicotine test always done in Ontario? I quit smoking a number of  years ago, so this question is for my sister...a heavy smoker who is at the very early stages of contemplating having the surgery.

What were the biggest challenges of Optifast in the weeks leading up to surgery?

Sorry for all my questions.....nervous, excited, and hoping to be as educated as possible now that things are getting so close! 

Thanks Everyone!!!

Tracey

MeltingMindyLoo
on 4/26/15 6:49 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, as I'm quite new here myself, but I wanted to say WELCOME!  As far as I can see, everyone here is really friendly and supportive.  It's been really useful and encouraging for me to be posting here. 

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

tracey_1971
on 4/26/15 8:50 am - Canada
RNY on 06/09/15

Thanks for the Welcome! I agree....and so much great information and insight!

Tracey

Nanato2
on 4/26/15 9:27 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

TWH is a great hospital I had Dr. jackson two years ago and he is an amazing doctor and he is not bad to look at also.

Your stay at TWH is 2 nights as for Optifast I loved it I used sugar free syrups added to it to change the flavour others have added coffee and other things.

Yes the Nicotine test is done in Ontario, she has to be 6 months smoke free.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

tracey_1971
on 4/28/15 1:28 am - Canada
RNY on 06/09/15

Thanks so much for the reply! Sounds like I'll be in good hands, in a great environment! :)

Tracey

hmtmomof4
on 4/27/15 2:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

You are in the BEST of hands with Dr.Jackson. He is soooo amazing! He did my RNY a year and a half ago. I also had him operate on me last month for some complications (ventral hernia/internal hernia/bleeding marginal ulcers. I have NEVER met a more kind and caring doctor. He did my urgent surgery at 5pm when I'm sure he just wanted to go home!...not spend another 4 hours dealing with me. But he insisted on doing it. You will not be disappointed with him....sooo easy to talk to. 

Also all of the staff at TWH are awesome! 

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

tracey_1971
on 4/28/15 1:27 am - Canada
RNY on 06/09/15

Thanks so much! I'm so relieved to see everyone's experience with Dr. Jackson and TWH is positive!

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics