What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Karen M.
on 4/26/15 7:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

The weekend went way too fast! Off to work this morning and I feel like I never left. Have a doctor's appointment this afternoon followed by a car maintenance appointment (can't believe my car is 6 months old already) so I get to leave early. lol Andrew is all moved in, my house remains in organized chaos. Other than that, Happy Monday ;)

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake (decided to give the chocolate another go.... I'm feeling very "bleah" about it, but since they change their recipe, the texture of the chocolate is much nicer)

S - Greek yogurt, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - Costco chicken salad (1/2 big scoop, so about 4 oz), 7 melba rounds and raw veggies for dipping/scooping

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - the fridge is full of weekend leftovers (although I didn't get to making lasagna yesterday so none of that), so it's clean out the fridge night

S - Bengal Spice fog

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 4/26/15 8:14 pm

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

Karen I am still drinking the chocolate Premier after all of these years.  I find it palatable enough and I really like having a frosty drink in the morning.  ( After my two large mugs of coffee that is ).  Glad things are working out with Andrew

Out for dinner tonight with some girlfriends - I usually order steak as they cant add too much junk to it when cooking.

STEPS - Forgot to wear my fitbit - estimate 5000

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Fresh baked halibut with some grilled veggies

S - 1 oz hard Parmesan Reggiano

D - 6 oz beef tenderloin

poached veggies

S - Source yogurt with stewed rhubarb ( spenda), TB of fibre one cereal - cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,241,  Carbs - 49 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 138 grams

All water and vits - more decaf coffee

Have a great one 

Karen M.
on 4/26/15 8:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Me too re. the chocolate Premier but I was finding it very thick and it was starting to turn me off. Then the vanilla made an appearance and I stopped buying the chocolate altogether. Thought I'd give it another go and bought a case of each yesterday, was pleasantly surprised this morning!

Where are you getting your rhubarb from? I haven't seen it yet in the grocery stores.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 4/26/15 8:54 pm

Longo's.  I love Longo's fruit and veggies.  they are a small chain in my area - not sure how far east they go.  They also carry wild blueberries in season so I don't have to wait and go to the farmers market.

I made a large pot of stewed rhubarb yesterday.  I portion out 1/4 cup at night over my yogurt - if I didn't I would sit with the bowl and eat it.  Low calories - when made with splenda - and so delish

Karen M.
on 4/26/15 9:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Ahhh... Longo's! Love Longo's and it's probably the only grocery store I haven't been in lately - will check there, thank you. :)

Karen

Zizzler
on 4/26/15 9:41 pm

Omg I love stewed rhubarb!  Can't wait until I can harvest some from my backyard!  Come on nice weather!

Patm
on 4/26/15 9:13 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations about Andrew moving in. I hear you about a short weekend. I am starting the week off tired. Our tea on Saturday made a lot of money but was so exhausting. Missing some people to help so made a lot of work for a few. Spent yesterday cleaning and some cooking. When we have company I usually use nice china and silverware but I just used everyday dishes so I could put them in the dish washer.

More leg cramps last night. I think I drank enough water and even ate a banana but I think I was just too tired. Finding cold compresses helping.

b greek yogurt, sunrise ereal, blueberries

l kale salad, ham, yogurt

s protein shake

d meat sauce, salad

s breton crackers and cheese

birdiegirl
on 4/26/15 9:17 pm

I hear you re the leg cramps.  I have them after walking the golf course on Saturday.

I drink at least 2 litres of water per day plus other fluids so I just dont think thats the problem.  Hope you get some relief Pat.

Patm
on 4/26/15 11:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It really is a mystery. Maybe being  couch potato would be better. LOL

Zizzler
on 4/26/15 9:48 pm

Someone told me the other day that kiwi has 5 times more potassium than banana.  Maybe kiwi would be even more effective?  Hope your cramps get better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics