Day 2 post op-LOVE Toronto Western Hospital

Smallermenow
on 4/26/15 11:16 am

Hi all,

I had my RNY surgery on Friday with Dr. Todd Penner.  Such a nice man.  Everything went really well.  I was released from hospital today.  I am staying in a nearby hotel until Thursday just to be safe, because I live about 4 hours away.  Everyone at TWH was so wonderful!!  I have never had surgery before, so I was a little nervous beforehand, especially about the pain.  So far, so good.  Not so much pain as just discomfort.  Its just a new feeling.  Anyway, I just wanted to assure other people who were scared like me that it can be so much better than you thought.  It is still going to be a long journey, but I am so ready.  Apparently they were laughing at me as I went into surgery smiling and I came out smiling.  I was just sooo ready.  It was one year and two weeks from my orientation.  I am so excited for this new part of my life to start. 

Julie

Susan40
on 4/26/15 11:25 am - Canada

Congrats!  I go June 12th at TWH with Dr Urbach.  I live 2 hrs away from Toronto but I am thinking about heading home and not staying at a hotel... But not sure. 

Thanks for your post. I too have not ever had surgery prior and am a little nervous.. Although excited.  I'm glad to hear that you don't have pain and that things are going well.  What hotel are you using if you don't mind me asking? Would you recommend it? 

Smallermenow
on 4/26/15 12:21 pm

I am staying at the Annex Quest House.  It will be on the list of nearby hotels that your center will give you.  I have no complaints.  It is not like a regular hotel.  It is an old Victorian house that has been changed into "themed" bedrooms.  Each one is different.  Mine is "Fire" which apparently helps with digestion and metabolism, also starting over.  I thought that was very appropriate considering why I am here.  lol  Anyway, its bedroom, bathroom, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv and Wifi.  All I need. 

Good luck to you on June 12.  It will be here before you know it.

Julie

Patm
on 4/26/15 2:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad all went well. I liked twh as well. I had to stay at Sunnybrook the year after my WLS for another surgery non wls related and hated it. No where near as helpful.

Good luck with your new journey.

MeltingMindyLoo
on 4/26/15 8:37 pm - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

Thank you for letting us know how your surgery went.  I've never had any surgery before either, and I have been wondering about the pain after surgery.  It's sounds like everything is going really well for you.  Congratulations on all the work you've done!

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

Healthymom-1969
on 4/26/15 11:51 pm

Hi Julie

I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and I am so glad that everything went well I am having my surgery tomorrow at Toronto Western hospital so I really needed to read your post I am really excited to get the surgery done and on to the healing and healthy living stage. Let's keep in touch.

Best Regards

Lisa

Kate M.
on 4/27/15 2:51 am - toronto, Canada

Glad to hear you're out and about! I have mine at TWH w/ Dr. Penner this Friday, so it's nice to hear you had a positive experience. I actually live not very far from where you're staying and my partner works 2 mins away. I'm not sure if you have family with you or a friend but if you need anything you can also message me.

May 1, 2015 - RNY TWH | HW 322 | SW 301 | Feb 27, 2016: 175lbs

Smallermenow
on 4/27/15 2:00 pm

Thank you guys for your responses.  Glad I could help where I could.  My mom is here with me and we are having a great time.  Finishing day 1 (full day) out of the hospital.  So far i am tolerating full fluids just fine.  So excited that I can still handle milk.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to.  A little stiff and quite tired today (two naps), but all in all I am feeling good.  Yay!!  Good luck with your upcoming surgeries!!!!

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics