What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 4/28/15 7:19 pm, edited 4/28/15 7:21 pm

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

Helping a friend move today - out for lunch but home for dinner. 

STEPS - 13,265

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 4 grilled tiger shrimp

1 cup of quinoa salad

D - 2 cups of sweet kale salad

6 oz grilled salmon

1/2 cup of grilled mixed veg - peppers-onions-squash-asparagus

S - Source yogurt - stewed rhubarb - fibre one cereal

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,239,  Carbs -90 Grams,  Fat - 42 Grams,  Protein - 105 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 4/28/15 7:40 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Have a great day, Barb - helping someone move is so. much. fun. lol

I forgot to post yesterday apparently - blonde moment. Off to work for the day, Andrew's sister is coming for dinner, not sure what else I'll get up to. It's been a long week so far and it's only Wednesday :/

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake (my new case has the twist lids, so much easier to drink)

S - Greek yogurt, small handful of grapes

L - tuna salad with raw veggies for dipping/scooping, 4 melba rounds

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (3) with mustard for dipping

D - lasagna (just the guts, that's the good part), a couple bites Caesar salad

S - likely just coffee/tea

Have a good one, it's going to be gorgeous out there today!

K :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 4/28/15 7:44 pm

Its not a tough move - mostly boxes I am going to help with, groceries etc.  I am really quite strong so lifting isn't a big issue for me.  5 years of working with a trainer has to give me some muscles right?

Karen M.
on 4/28/15 7:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You would think! I am not strong anymore (though I am chief bottle/jar opener, which is amusing since I'm not particularly strong and have pretty awful arthritis in my hands/fingers). I am planning to rejoin a gym (I know, famous last words, right?) once I'm more settled in my work/life balance, have never used a personal trainer but I think that's going to be the way to go in this case.

Karen

Monica9811
on 4/28/15 8:30 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I need to build strength too. That's why I joined Curves. Went 5 days last week and will go every day this week.  I feel pretty good after I work out and it's only for half an hour so I like it (so far). Will see in a months time if I lose any inches. Weight would be a bonus. Last week I was up two and flipping out lol. This week back to normal.  

Karen M.
on 4/28/15 8:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I did Curves many years ago (pre-surgery) and enjoyed it, but as with everything else in my previous "weight loss efforts", I gave up on it pretty quickly. I had a Curves 5 minutes away but it went out of business last year. Curves is still a potential option, as are many other gyms in the area - there's even a fitness centre in my office building (city hall, for employees mostly) but it really doesn't have anything in it other than a couple of treadmills and ellipticals and I think I need something a little more directed.

Going to Curves for 5 days isn't going to affect your weight, Monica, either for good or bad, just go and enjoy. :)

Karen

birdiegirl
on 4/28/15 9:11 pm

Grab some cans and do arm curls - wont feel like much at first - but by the time you get to 2 times 15 reps you will feel your muscles.  Squats done properly are wonderful exercises and can be done at home.  Put a chair behind you and slowly sit down.  Then - go down to sit but don't go all the way- almost but not all  - repeat 10 to 15 times.  Great workout for core and legs

One of the easiest, and in my mind best, tests of overall fitness is the balance test.  Stand on one foot for a minute - then stand on the other.  See how long you can hold this pose.  Its tough to do and says a lot about your core strength.

I do weights as I worry about bone loss and falling as I get older. 

Karen M.
on 4/28/15 10:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Great suggestions, thank you!

Karen

Patm
on 4/28/15 9:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning All. I have a tendency to lift too much then suffer the next day. I am not as strong as I used to be but have found swimming helping. I have found my core and arms a lot better.

Karen I have major problems opening jars. My hands can not grip like before

Swimming today and biking home. Hope my ride is better than yesterday. I started to ride and realised I had no back brakes. I was able to fixed the problem. When I got to Queen's Quay I found it an even bigger mess than before. Closed at the bottom of Young St. The wind gusted so hard it almost stopped me. A little further on I took my jacket off and before I could jam it into my basket I realised I could get across the road with a break in traffic. Then as I am crossing Lakeshore at the light my jacket sleeve falls and jams in my chain and gear shifter.The final small hill up my street was fun with a head wind. Boy was I glad to get home.

b greek yogurt, raspberries

s banana

l Oceans tuna snack kit, carrots hummus, yogurt

s chick peas

d spicy chicken in salad with poppy seed dressing, s chocolate pudding

s breton crackers, cheese

cal 1104, carb 129, prot 78

Karen M.
on 4/28/15 9:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good gawd, Pat, you're lucky you made it home alive yesterday! lol

Karen