Change of seasons & clothing... pre-op

Helna_Handbasket
on 5/3/15 9:39 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Good morning,

Well yesterday we finally got a taste of summer in SW Ontario.  I don't know about you, but I am THRILLED to just walk out the door in short sleeves and sandals again after a long, cold winter.  Thing is, do I bother packing up all my winter gear nicely, or do I just put it all in bags and drop it off at Value Village now?  I am confident surgery will happen in July/August, and sincerely hope that by November, anything I've been wearing the last few winters will not fit.  Too soon to get rid of it all?  Just do it?  Curious what others have done.

Cheers :)

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

Karen M.
on 5/3/15 9:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

If it was me, no, I wouldn't get rid of them. Without trying to sound like a downer, your surgery date may be delayed for a whole host of reasons beyond your control. If it does happen when expected, you may still need some of those clothes as the weather gets cooler in September/October.

I know it's tempting to throw them out - I guess I'm just practical.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Helna_Handbasket
on 5/3/15 10:37 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

I'm pretty practical too - and after posting I thought I'd just throw them all back in their tote and deal with it next year.  The joy of getting rid of them will still be the same!  Thanks Karen. 

Needanewbeginning
on 5/3/15 10:55 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I agree with Karen. Also, if your bringing them to a resale place they usually don't take out of season items so they may ask you to bring them back in the fall.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

MeltingMindyLoo
on 5/4/15 12:26 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I switched over to my summer wardrobe this weekend too!  It was very satisfying.  And as I put away all the sweaters and corduroy, I kept saying, "when I see you again...I hope you don't fit anymore."  

Now I just have to convince myself not to buy any new clothes until I shrink out of these ones!  

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

LeslieT
on 5/4/15 12:42 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I also went through my summer clothes but unfortunately since I`ve lost weight while waiting for surgery, none of my summer pants fit. This happened over the winter too and I`m down to one pair of black pants and one pair of grey pants that fit. I don`t want to buy anything new with surgery coming up in a few weeks but I don`t feel very summery.

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

MeltingMindyLoo
on 5/5/15 12:56 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I imagine that maxi dresses would also carry through a couple sizes of shrinking.  They would just get breezier.  Most of my summer clothes are really drapey, so I'm hoping I can skip a size (or two) before I have to invest in more properly fitting things.  

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

Roma
on 5/4/15 2:26 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Ditto, I'm in the same position. I took a trip to Forever 21 and spent a few bucks on one pair of shorts, and a couple tops for the summer - and I am hoping that they are the last 3x items I will ever buy!

If you are in Toronto, there is also a good plus sized swap and sell group on Facebook if you need to buy clothes as sizes change. 

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

LeslieT
on 5/4/15 2:40 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I didn`t know Forever 21 had plus sizes. I might have to check that out. Thanks for the tip­.

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

Helna_Handbasket
on 5/4/15 10:03 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

H & M also has some plus size as well - check the websites out for which stores carry the line.  Old Navy has some cheap & cheerful plus size options too - free shipping & returns as it's only available online.  I have to admit the GT Boutique (Giant Tiger) is great for basic t-shirts and tank tops.

Most Active
Recent Topics