What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 5/15/15 1:09 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month post op

Morning

Been awake since 2:30 and gave up on sleeping anymore at 3:30. 

Working out this morning with my trainer - groceries for the long weekend after.  Planting my garden this afternoon.  Likely sore muscles tonight

Ended up only eating 1/2 my meal last evening at the Keg.  I was happy though, 1 slice of the sourdough- 1 glass of wine - 1/2 steak and veg  - I don't get tired of it.

STEPS - 8125

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 3.5 oz beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of keg vegetables

D - green salad with peppers/onions/tomatoes and a bit of parmesan with full fat dressing- 2 cups

5 oz grilled swordfish with a tapanade of sundried tomatoes - greek olives and capers

roasted vidalia onions/green beans/asparagus with goat cheese

S - Source dessert yogurt - fibre one cereal - stewed splenda rhubarb - cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,109,  Carbs - 58 Grams,  Fat - 54 Grams,  Protein - 116 Grams

All water and vits - more decaf coffee

Have a great one 

Karen M.
on 5/15/15 3:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Insomnia sucks Barb! I've been lucky enough to be in a good sleep cycle for a while now. Well, aside from being woken from a dead sleep with cramping in my feet/shins and having to walk the floors. Here's hoping your body rights itself soon.

Off to work this morning for another fun-filled day (and playing catch up for being out of the office for 2 days), then home for the long weekend! Barb, I stopped at Longo's yesterday and picked up the Thai pork tenderloin, will have that for dinner tonight as dinner was already started by the time I made it home yesterday.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, a few grapes

L - small whole wheat tortilla stuffed with tuna salad, lettuce

S - muffin-tin crustless quiche

D - Thai pork tenderloin, stir fry veggies

S - not sure yet

Have a fabulous Friday,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 5/15/15 4:02 am

I've had some of those days too, your body just decides its time to get up even though it is too early.  Do you take naps?  I find that usually helps, I will take one around noon/1pm if I am home. 

Off work today (yay) so will try to get shopping done this morning at Costco, groceries, value village, so I can relax on the weekend. hopefully it is not too busy, I know many people take today off too.  This afternoon I have two post-op appointments at my centre.

Good news, it looks like my hair is growing back in!  I have noticed little pieces of new grown coming in at the crown and nape of my neck.  It looks a little funny in the front, sort of like semi-bangs but not, but I am just happy to see my hair recovering and hope it continues!

9 months post op

b -  gnc lean protein shake, vanilla bean favour

s -  xl deacf coffee, simply protein bar

l - 1  leftover octoberfest sausage from bbq last night, cucumber slices with blue cheese dressing

s - 2 cheese strings, later...sf cherry koolaid

d - same as lunch

s - 1/4 cup warmed pumpkin seeds

all water and vits

new_me180
on 5/15/15 4:48 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Sorry you had an early morning Barb. Sucks when you can't sleep, i have those episodes sometimes and your menu looks good. I  have  my monthly visitor 10 days early this month. Suck because i had just got back into my regular cycle and the anesthesia just changed all that again and the worst part is that the cramps are really strong. Feels like someone is cutting something out of my tummy. Sucks to be a woman sometimes. Well at least its Friday. My niece got her grad dress yesterday. She looked so cute in her pink poofy dress and she found a good sale on shoes at the mall, she was so happy.

18 months post op

B - pumpkin pancake

L - 1oz mozzarella, slice dempsters thin, tomato

S - 1/3 cup tuna, blackberries

D - making a taco bowl

S - other half of taco bowl, tea

Totals: 772 cals, 39 carbs, 37 fat, 84 protein

Happy Friday all, Nia.

Patm
on 5/15/15 6:10 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry you did not get enough sleep. Went out last night and went to bed far to late and could have slept for a couple of more hours. Sore and tired today. Not a good combination for me. Packed lots of snacks to keep me out of the department candy.I decided not to swim today just not up to it.

Barb your onion/bean/goat cheese sounds great.

Have a good day everyone and TGIF!

b greek yogurt, blueberries

s hummus, carrots

l ham/pea/lentil soup, source dessert yogurt

s smoked cheese and Mary's crackers

d ribs, green beans (salad if we have some left)

cal 989, prot 83, carb 161

mum2TNT
on 5/15/15 6:30 am - Oshawa, Canada

2 weeks post op

Long weekend Friday!!!! Not that it really matters to me right now as I am off recovering LOL but I am excited for my hubby and kids!  Hopefully the weather won't be too too bad.....it is a little chilly right now.....keeps the bugs away I guess.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

B ~ decaf tea with milk & sweetener, 3/4 cup premier protein shake

S ~ source greek vanilla & chocolate yogurt

L ~ ham flakes 33% less salt with 1 tbsp light mayo, 4 saltines

S ~ 3/4 cup premier vanilla protein shake

D ~ cream of vege soup 1 cup and 5 saltines

S ~ butterscotch SF pudding and 1.5 cup chocolate premier protein shake (not at same time )

all vits and 1 litre of water ( sipping all day long!)

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: 

Calories - 773,  Carbs - 66 Grams,  Fat - 20 Grams,  Protein - 80 Grams

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

TanyaLH
on 5/15/15 6:37 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

23 months post op

steps 10261

Morning all and TGIF!

Barb, I hope you sleep well tonight!

Karen, hope your catch up at work isn't too bad.

Everyone sounds like they are ready for the long weekend, enjoy!

I am working all weekend but will still have some family time in there :)

B 1/2 c yogurt/cottage cheese mix, protein coffee

S 1/2 c greek yogurt w/ blueberries and raspberries

L 3 oz bison burger wrapped in lettuce ( for anyone that likes mustard and spicy, French's makes a spicy mustard that has some bite to it)

D same as lunch

Be well everyone

Tanya

Julz1974
on 5/15/15 7:00 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Good Friday morning to you all!  I hope you all have a great day!  I am going to do groceries today and see if I can tackle everything else on the list so I am not having to do running over the weekend and able to enjoy it, here is hoping, lol.  Your menus sound great, pumpkin pancakes, Thai, Keg....wow enjoy all!  I have not ventured far on the eatting scale I am honestly to afraid.  You are encouraging me to attempt new things and I thank you all for that.  Zizzler I can't help but relate as I have suffered with my hair for months and thankfully I am seeing re growth now too...just do not want to jinx it, lol.  

B- pure protein shake

s- yogurt

l- tuna salad with some crackers

s- pure protein shake

d- might make hubby take me out cause I am at a loss right now maybe after I do groceries I will end up cooking something.

s- depends on dinner.

cheers all!  

Zizzler
on 5/15/15 8:49 am

I hear you about jinxing the hair thing, hope the hair decides to stay.  Let us know where you go for dinner. I really like "the works", I get a burger patty with no bun and a side of either salad or veggies with dip or cooked veg.  I take the leftovers home for other meals.  What I like about the works is they have so many different toppings for the burgers and a nice variety of patty types too. If you like bbq I have been seeing those ready made veggie trays all over just slap one on the grill with your meat and you are ready to go.  I am not someone who likes to cook every day so when I do cook I make a huge amount and then freeze the leftovers.  Last one was a tuna veg casserole, it took me 15 mintues to make and I got 8 meals out of it.  You could do the same with ready-made stuff too, as long as it freezes well. 

Karen M.
on 5/15/15 9:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

*ears perk up*

Did someone say "The Works"?!   OMG, Andrew and I went there last weekend for lunch! Can I just say that the menu is completely overwhelming!! DAMN GOOD BURGERS. Wow, can't wait to go again. No need for a bun, that's for sure.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics