What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 5/16/15 1:59 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Awake at a ridiculous hour again.  Heading out golfing later this morning - home tonight for dinner.

STEPS - 8845

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Leftover grilled swordfish - 6 oz

Leftover grilled veggies with goat cheese - 1/2 cup

S on golf course - 1 medium honeycrisp apple

1 oz hard parmesan cheese

D - Longo's hot Italian sausage - 1.5 links

2 cups of green salad with peppers - vidalia onion - heirloom tomatoes - grated reggiano and full fat dressing

S - Source dessert yogurt with sprinkle of fibre one cereal and  3 tb or so of FF cool whip

S - 125ml of prune nectar with iron pill before bed

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,230,  Carbs - 69 Grams,  Fat - 64 Grams,  Protein - 92 grams

All water - 3 litres - plus decaf coffee and all vits

Have a great one 

TanyaLH
on 5/16/15 3:06 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

23 months post op

steps 9515

Morning.... 

Barb I hope your sleep figures itself out soon...enjoy your golfing :)

I am off to work, then to the gym and home for a quiet evening.

B 2/3 c greek yogurt w/ blueberries protein coffee

S 1 oz lf cheese 2 sm dill pickles

L Spicy Thai tuna 85gr, 3 melbas, 1/2 c sweet kale salad

D 4 oz baked trout w/ 1/2 c brussel sprouts

S 1/2 c greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 5/16/15 3:29 am

Good morning, your menu looks really yummy, going to have to try grilled veggies with goat cheese, sounds great.  Honeycrisp apples are my absolute favourite apple, where do you find them?  I usually shop at RCSS so maybe I am just at the wrong grocery store? 

My eyes popped open at 5:15am although I could have slept in as late as I wanted.  I have yoga class this morning, grocery shopping, and the local farmer's market.  I am hoping to find spring garlic, which looks like a green onion and taste is mild and fresher compared to regular garlic bulbs.  It is awesome in salsa, stir fries, salad, and added to cauliflower mash. 

9 months post op

b - premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee from Tim Horton's, later...simply protein bar

l - 1 leftover bbq sausage with cucumber slices, a little blue cheese dressing...later...cherry sf koolaid with ice

s - banana with peanut butter, later...sf freezies

d - not sure yet, will be out, veg and protein of some kind

s - cheese chips made in the microwave, later...sf coconut pineapple drink

all water and vits

Have a nice day everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/15 8:36 am - Canada

Curious about your cheese chips. What are they and how do you make them? Thanks Chris

Zizzler
on 5/18/15 11:31 am

Hey there, cheese chips are awesome and really easy too. I take lower fat or process cheese and make them into the size of small crackers, maybe 1-2 inches. I then space out all the pieces on a piece of parchment paper, then place the parchment paper in the microwave.  I microwave them for about 30 seconds on high, then I check them to see if they look done, if I am not sure I put them in a little longer at 15 second intervals.  They should be bubbling all the way through. Let them cool down in the microwave for 5 minutes and they will be a chip-like consistency.  I have added stuff like toasted sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds before microwaving, but usually I just have them plain.   I often use low fat blue menu cheese slices, they sort of taste like those swiss cheese chips but without the carbs.  I like mine with salsa or just on their own.  Hope you like them, they are much more filling than regular chips but still lots of flavour. If you want to buy them they sell them at the low carb grocery.  The grok ones are a favourite of mine :0)

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/15 6:28 pm - Canada

Thanks Zizzler! I'll give them a try. They sound yummy!

Zizzler
on 5/19/15 5:46 pm

They are, and so easy to make too. Let us know how they turn out!

Patm
on 5/16/15 5:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning everyone. Hope the rain holds off for your golf today Barb. Taking it easy today. Just some errands and cooking,

b greek yogurt, raspberries

s banana

l chili, yogurt

d chicken, salad

s cheese

cal 1001, carb 85 prot 56

Protein is a little low. I will dd something during the day

Karen M.
on 5/16/15 8:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Barb, thanks again for the heads-up on the Thai pork skewers from Longo's - delicious. We did them low on the BBQ, having it again tonight lol

Just errands and such today, not sure what else. It's so nice to have a "no requirements" day!

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, a few grapes

L - 1 egg omelet with peppers, mushrooms, onions, old cheddar

S - not sure

D - BBQ Thai pork on a stick, stir fry veggies

S - parm "chips" and salsa (homemade parmesan crisps dipped in my salsa fresca, what an awesome treat this is!)

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 5/16/15 8:44 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I love this LIKE button 😆

Most Active
Recent Topics