Unjury Chicken Soup Flavour Has Saved Me!

annieliv
on 5/21/15 3:59 pm, edited 5/21/15 4:00 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am at 4 weeks post op.  I start the soft diet phase of this journey on Saturday and I am really looking forward to some new choices.

I have to say that I am so over the taste of fake chocolate anything!  Premier Protein shakes while for obvious reasons are a smart choice, are just something I need to bid adieu to. Perhaps I'll find some Vanilla at my next Costco trip and give them a try.

I purchased a very nice Whey Protein Isolate called Isofemme - Vanilla and it is nice mixed in with yogurt and apple sauce.  I add Unflavored NZ Whey Protein Isolate to all soups and I'm 100% fine with the texture/taste.

Making shakes however with powder has been underwhelming.  Either in a shaker cup or blender, they come out too frothy and just turn me off.

There were a couple of days last weekend where I just wasn't feeling all that great and I couldn't stomach too much so I didn't hit my 60g min proteins for the day. I didn't like that.  I felt drained and didn't sleep well.

I bought Unjury Chicken Soup Flavour and WOW, it has saved me.  1 scoop in 8oz Water = 21g protein, 2g Carbs & 100 calories. Of course the sodium in a bit high at 770mg, but being able to sip that at my desk vs. shakes have made this phase just a little bit easier.

Has anyone else had issues and solutions to getting away from shakes? 

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

lammytee14
on 5/21/15 5:58 pm

I love the Unjury chicken soup flavour! I'm 2 months post-op and still having some trouble digesting many of the soft foods...this is a great snack for me to get that protein intake up.

I find the Premier Protein vanilla is good mixed in a smoothie (frozen blueberries or strawberries) or mixed in decaf coffee instead of milk but careful with the last mouthful from the container...even though I shake it up, there's always a little residue in the bottom. Blech!

Good luck with the soft food stage!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

anewbodforme2015
on 5/21/15 12:56 pm, edited 5/21/15 12:56 pm - Canada

Where do you get unjury chicken soup flavour? I have protein premier but found out there is vitamin k in it and I can't have vitamin k. I have tried whey protein but not liking it so looking for other options post op.

annieliv
on 5/22/15 4:36 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm not sure about the Vit K content at the moment but I ordered it online at Unjury.com

There are several options and they have all the details. 

Best of luck! 

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

Most Active
Recent Topics