Slow weight loss

dolce1968
on 5/25/15 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone...just wondering

I had a revision from VBG (early 90s) to RNY, on March 24th and have only lost approximately 25 pounds.  I noticed the weight is slow but I've dropped a few sizes and can fit into an XL pants/tops, even some size 16s are fitting nicely

Am I doing something wrong?

I try to get protein in every day, eat my vegetables, stay away from sugar, caffeine and high salts, if i have bread it is light rye from Dimpflemier and has no sugar

Any suggestions?  Any food / recipe / meal ideas 

I use the slow cooker alot to cook meats so they are soft and tolerable, use spices, barely use salt and don't use sugar so again, what am I doing wrong 

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

Karen M.
on 5/25/15 1:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Why do you think you're doing anything wrong? You've lost 25 pounds in 2 months, I'd say that's pretty terrific.

I will ask though, are you tracking your protein grams and carb grams? Keeping your protein up at 70+ grams per day, carbs low around 30-40g per day?

P.S. I'd ditch the bread - "light rye" ... makes no difference, it's still bread and it's still an unnecessary carb. Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing - the weight will come off.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Curious.George
on 5/25/15 4:08 pm - Canada

'ONLY' 25 lbs.?  That's terrific.  Well done.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  I agree with Cathy though.  Ditch the bread, it's wasted calories!  Just stick to a high protein, low carb diet and you are set for life!  Tracking is good too.  You could try "My Fitness Pal" to track your food.  This way you know exactly what you are eating and how much.  Good luck to you and keep up the great work!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Mary A.
on 5/28/15 12:15 pm

I agree nothing wrong with that weight loss, just keep on the slow and steady.... you are doing AMAZING

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics