What are you eating/doing today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 5/28/15 2:46 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post op

Morning

Lots on the go today.

STEPS - 4356

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Strawberry GNC shake

L - 2 ham and cheese roll ups

D1 - 2 cups of greens with veggies and 2 TB of full fat dressing - 1 TB of shredded parmesan

D2 - 2 poached eggs

3 slices of Cdn bacon

S - Source yogurt with Fire one and cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,050,  Carbs - 48 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 112 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Julz1974
on 5/28/15 3:10 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Good morning and happy day all!  More renos on the go for me today in between appointments.  Have a fab day everyone!  

B- oatmeal

S- pure protein bar

l- cauliflower pizza slice

S- pure protein shake

d- poached egg with a slice of bacon (breakfast for dinner nite😉)

s- if needed Greek yogurt apple pie flav, yummy

Cheers!

Karen M.
on 5/28/15 3:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Barb, I love your D2 - nothing beats breakfast-for-dinner. 

Training postponed today as the vendor needs to catch up to us - you'd think with the huge chunk of change the city is paying this company that everything would be completely ready for us :/  So it's off to work this morning, home for dinner, not sure what else. The humidity this week is killing my hair, hoping for a break in it (the weather, not my hair). I ran into a lady I used to work with a couple of years ago at the training yesterday - she's lost over 100 pounds and told me she had WLS a year ago, is off all medication, is playing hockey again (hockey!) and I have to say, I nearly cried - SO thrilled for her, she totally made my day with her success. 

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day and a Nestea Zero thrown in there for a change -

B - Premier protein shake

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2) sliced into pieces and dunked in deli mustard, maybe a grape or two

L - leftover steak/veggie stir fry

S - Source Greek (cherry), a few cherries and grapes

D - 4 oz BBQ chicken breast, raw veggies, tzatziki for dipping everything (I swear I could dip anything in tzatziki and it would taste great)

S - not sure yet, likely just coffee/tea

Happy Friday Junior!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/28/15 3:31 am

I love tzatziki too!!

judyeliz
on 5/28/15 5:50 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Do you make your own tzatziki?

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Karen M.
on 5/28/15 6:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

I've never made it actually. I know how to do it in theory, it sounds like a lot of work. lol

Hopefully Tracey will chime in, I'm sure she's made it from scratch.

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 5/28/15 4:02 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good morning Barb and everyone. :)

It's so nice to see familiar names and a few new ones too since I last popped in. I mentioned this in another thread yesterday, but I feel like I've lost control of my eating - not completely, but the old demons are back in full force. So I'm hoping I can muster the willpower to get back to planning on MFP and tracking. The tool is still there, it still works (although I don't have the malabsorption going for me anymore 2.5 years out), and it's time to get back to using it properly.

Barb, wow, you've been doing so great, lost so much of your bounceback. What a battle it's been for you - congratulations!

Today's food (and I even entered all this into MFP last night so I'd be ready this morning to pack it and go):

2.5 YEARS POST-RNY

B - 1 slice of P28 bread, toasted, topped with with 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta (Silani brand is very smooth, creamy and nice!), topped with 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries

L - 10 medium shrimp, 2 devilled eggs, and 1/4 cup wasabi peas

S - 1/2 Quest cookies and cream bar (I find I crave sweet things so much in the afternoon!)

D - 8 spears of asparagus, wrapped in 4 pieces of black forest ham and grilled (1/2 slice ham per spear)

S - Premier Protein vanilla shake

TOTALS: 114g protein, 39g fat, 85 carbs, 22g fiber, 1060 calories

Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 5/28/15 4:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome back. I found the adjustment to maintenance in the second year hard. Hope you can get back on track

Onward and
Downward

on 5/28/15 8:01 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Pat. Yeah, I'm finding it really challenging. I knew intellectually about the honeymoon period and how things change from seeing people write about it, but it's completely different to experience it! :)

Anyhow, I'm surviving so far this morning. I've managed to resist about three temptations already. Haha.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 5/28/15 4:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome back! It's so great to see you posting again. xo

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics