Day #1 of optifast DONE! But have a question

Susan40
on 5/23/15 5:30 am - Canada

Yesterday was my first day on optifast.  I was surprised that I don't mind the shakes :).  However, I was up every 2-3 hours last night to pee.  Is this normal?  I know if you drink more liquid it makes sense you eliminate more...... But every 2-3 hours while sleeping? Is this normal? 

crqvingchange
on 5/23/15 6:02 am

When you start eliminating carbs it is normal to pee alot.  The liver stores glycogen which is bound with water, when you limit carbs the liver dumps this glycogen and this is one of the reasons your liver becomes smaller (what the doctors are looking for before surgery).  The other thing you will probably experience is ketosis breath (nasty) but it's all part of the process.  Good luck girl, you've got this. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kim_pei
on 5/23/15 11:25 am - Canada

OMG  I am on day 15 of 18 day slimtime med liquid diet before surgery on Tuesday.......this post just explained things I didnt even think to ask...thanks so much!

Kim

Karen M.
on 5/23/15 9:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hopefully you'll find as the days go on that your body will get more used to the increased fluids. I think that anyone starting on a new "diet regime" whether it be low/no carb, or meal-replacement liquid, etc. goes through a period of increased/decreased everything. Your body is protesting and having a little temper tantrum. Glad to hear you don't mind the shakes!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cherg24
on 5/23/15 9:14 am - Ontario, Canada

It will pass, but for a few days I felt like I shoulda just camped out in the potty! Lol.  Good luck

Susan40
on 5/23/15 9:20 am - Canada

Thank you 

mum2TNT
on 5/23/15 9:36 am - Oshawa, Canada

I was just on the opti a few weeks ago and was also so pleasantly surprised that I liked them.  I think because there is so many posts about how incredibly horrible it is....so we have it in our minds that it is going to be terrible.  Are you on them for 2 weeks?  I spent 2 weeks in the washroom.....LOL stay close in case you get those opti trots!!! They are real! 

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Evie_e
on 5/27/15 7:31 pm - Canada

lol @ opti trots!

Weird I found it next to impossible to have a bowl movement on opti and i drank 8 bottles of water daily.....crazzzy!

Susan40
on 5/23/15 11:00 am - Canada

I'm on Opti for 3 weeks my O.R is June 12😀

Most Active
Recent Topics