One year Survirsary

Kittykatt1329
on 5/23/15 9:12 am - Alfred, Canada

So this time last year I was laying on the operating table.  When I was in recovery and feel like I hit a brick wall. I thought what in hell did I do.  But now year later, down 140 lbs and my BMI from well over 50 to now 27, I would do it all over again.   I no longer have back pain, get tired going up steps, and knowing that I will be here in the future when the grandkids start coming.   I use to golf before the weight loss and boy I could barely finish 18 holes and suffer in pain for a few days.  Last weekend on Saturday I played 32 holes (got dark couldn't finish, 2nd 18), and played another 18 Sunday.  Although I use a cart due to several replaced joints, but I do try to walk as much as I can.   One year ago I would never have dreamed I would be here.  I tried post pic before and after but couldn't figure out so is on my profile.  

Bow ow for a question for the Vets.  I made my goal about 8-9 lbs ago.  How do I now stop loosing and maintaining?  

mum2TNT
on 5/23/15 9:33 am - Oshawa, Canada

you look incredible!!! Good for you!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Kittykatt1329
on 5/23/15 6:07 pm - Alfred, Canada

Thank you 

Karen M.
on 5/23/15 10:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Happy 1 Year!

What an amazing job you've done and it's so great to hear how much your health and mobility have improved.  To the maintenance question: Your body will stop losing when it's ready. At a BMI of 27, you're nowhere near "underweight". I just stuck with my program and waited to see where my body was going to take me. Now that you're so very close to what's considered a "normal BMI", your weight loss will really slow down and eventually settle on your new normal. I'm not a believer at all in hitting "goal" and adding extra calories to stop loss - it'll stop on its own.

Wishing you continued success!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kittykatt1329
on 5/23/15 6:09 pm - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Karen

i will follow your advise and not worry about it, and continue doing what I have been.  

Cathy 

judyeliz
on 5/23/15 11:03 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Congrats on your successful year!  

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Kittykatt1329
on 5/23/15 6:10 pm - Alfred, Canada

Thank you 

Patm
on 5/23/15 12:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. I agree that the increased energy and mobility are worth the surgery.

I would let yourself get a little below goal before you worry. Many people have a bounce back of about 10 lbs when they hit maintenance

Kittykatt1329
on 5/23/15 6:11 pm - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Pat, I will keep that in mind and not worry too much about it

Most Active
Recent Topics