B-UP bars

Zizzler
on 6/23/15 2:25 pm

I tried the sugar cookie b-up bar today and the taste and texture were very nice. The nut stats are way better than the b-jammin' bars, 7g net carbs, 20g protein, 20g fibre, and check out some of the quality ingredients they put in it.  http://yupbrands.com/

They are also less sweet tasting than the b-jammin' ones, which I have decided are just too sweet tasting for me.

Sugar_Cookie_LRG

The last one I bought was the mint chocolate b-up bar, I will probably try it later in the week.  I am buying these in an attempt to add variety to the portable non-perishable bars I always have on hand in my backpack in case of emergency.  If you try this one let me know what you think. Have a nice evening.

crqvingchange
on 6/23/15 3:10 pm

Zizzler what store did you buy these in?

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 6/23/15 5:50 pm

I bought it at my local My Fitness Canada, but someone said they have them at GNC too.

Monica9811
on 6/23/15 5:10 pm - Peterborough, Canada

They look good. Sound good but I'm worried they would trigger a craving for something worse or want more than one. I have given up on finding a substitute for something that mirrors what I used to eat. If I'm really wanting a sweet I will try a bite of something. Something that I don't keep in the house. Something that is usually for a celebration. And to be honest I'm happy with a bite. Then I'm over it until the next celebration. My idea of a treat or snack honestly is Melba toast and jalapeño laughing cow cheese. Feels like a snack to me. 

Zizzler
on 6/23/15 7:02 pm

thanks for your reply.  I like laughing cow cheese but am looking for something non-perishable, I did not know they made jalapeno flavour, I will have to check that out, sounds yummy.  Melba toast I do not keep in the house or in my bag, same as all regular crackers and bread.  My centre told me not to waste space with any crackers as they are empty calories. Melba toast may have a tiny bit more protein than most crackers but it also has 34g of carb per serving and virtually no nutrients or fibre. Instead I use cucumber slices, which works with most toppings.  http://www.sparkpeople.com/calories-in.asp?food=melba+toast

Not sure I will buy this again but it is nice to try new things and I get excited when I see something that might add some variety to my menu. 

Swell
on 6/23/15 7:16 pm - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

That's funny that you just posted this, because I just tried that exact one yesterday. It was really good--like you said, not too sweet, and it had a nice consistency. I also tried the PB and Jam flavour, which was pretty good too. 

Zizzler
on 6/24/15 4:04 am

That is funny, where did you buy yours?  

Swell
on 6/24/15 4:32 pm - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I bought them at a local health food store (Bluewater nutrition). 

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/15 7:35 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I think you are going to find that all the protein bars are high calorie and high carb.  Carbs are carbs even if some of it is fibre, I don't buy into the net carb thing because the fibre is still full of calories so I count them all and at 28 carbs or 27 carbs, it's still very high.  Most bars are between 170 to 220 calories, that's not much different than a chocolate bar.

You mention that you are looking for portable snacks, there are other options.  Seeds, nuts, jerky, even cheese doesn't require refrigeration. You could even throw another RTD shake in and likely be able to get ice in a cup just about anywhere to pour it over.  

Monica9811
on 6/24/15 3:26 am - Peterborough, Canada

I love beef jerky. It's not cheap when you buy the real stuff but it's worth it.   I was at the bulk barn the other day looking at "snacks" but when you read the nut value on most things they are quite high in calories fat and sodium and not that high in protein or the calories are too high to justify the protein.  I just keep going back to my turkey pepperettes jerky and Melba with laughing cow. 

Most Active
Recent Topics