100 pounds of me-gone

redviking
on 6/30/15 7:52 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

It's been 352 days since I started Opti and I'm officially down 100 pounds.  In my head I know it's a huge deal, but it really hasn't sunk in. I honestly don't really even remember how "before" felt.  

Here are some unintended consequences of my weightloss:

• My house is cleaner. I guess because I have more energy, but I get more stuff done in a day. 
  • I care how I look way more.  I actually put makeup on and wear jewellery and like it. 
  • My dog is happier and more tired because we go for longer walks and more adventures. 
  • My life doesn't revolve around food.  I don't wake up wondering what I'll eat today. 
  • Shopping for clothes is dangerous and way more tempting than before!
  • Shoes that used to be uncomfortable now fit

I've gone from a size 22/24 to a 12/14.  I do have flabby skin on my arms, belly and legs but it doesn't really bother me too much.  I still want to lose around 20 pounds and I haven't really been focused on weight training.  I am preparing mentally and financially to eventually have a tummy tuck, breast lift and arm lift. 

My summer plan is to really get into an exercise routine that includes weights and pilates besides the walking/hiking I've been doing so far.  

This board is an incredible help and resource.  So glad I had a place to find out what was normal and what to expect.  I'm also lucky that my friends and family have been incredibly supportive and loving.  I have had zero negative experiences.  

I wish all you newbies the same awesome experience I've had!  (Well, except for the blood sugar weirdness, gall bladder trouble and general throwing up, mild dumping, nothing too horrible)

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

roxytrim
on 6/30/15 8:05 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Happier pooch...haven't heard that NSV before - I like !  

Karen M.
on 6/30/15 8:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

HUGE congrats to you, Sonja! Welcome to the Century Club - awesome accomplishment!

P.S. Your disclaimer at the end cracked me the hell up - it almost sounds as bad as the "possible side-effects" list they read through on TV commercials for prescription drugs. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

NewMe2.0
on 6/30/15 8:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Congratulations.  You have done a great job!

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

tatirod
on 6/30/15 10:30 am - Toronto, Canada

Congratulations! What an amazing list of NSVs. 

One of my motivations is being able to spend more time with my dog outside, playing. So that really hit home with me.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

B-Trix123
on 6/30/15 4:36 pm - Toronto, Canada

This time next year I'd like to plagiarize what you have written, minus the last sentence! I am about 6 weeks from surgery and reading this is very reassuring. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Zizzler
on 7/1/15 8:48 am

Thanks for posting this, great nsvs. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Seyenna
on 7/2/15 9:39 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

LOL, I was trying to wrap my head around why you'd be on Opti for 352 days. I'm such a dolt. Congrats on the victories, may you have many more to come. :)

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics