Starting OPTI on Tuesday!!!

blueeyes95
on 6/26/15 6:29 am - Toronto , Canada

So I start OPTI on Tuesday “chocolate” Surgery July 15 at TEGH. I’m not too worried about this process, I am actually really excited because I know that this is the beginning of a new me!! I have already started by eating right and smaller portions and I am really have the mind set of let’s use this tool to the fullest!!

I am not nervous of the Surgery, but eating afterwards and making sure I get enough water, protein scares the crap out of me, silly because eating is something we do every day.  I just don’t want to mess up and I know we need to learn from mistake and do it differently but I can’t shake this feeling. 

Thanks to everyone on here, I don’t reply a lot to things but I love read everything.

Question how was your first day of OPTI?

And how is Dr. Cyriac ?

I am really pumped about this.

Catw
on 6/26/15 7:11 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Blueeyes,

When I was at your stage, I had the same worry.  Can I do this after, but I knew that the answer was yes.  And I can do this.  Actually, by surgery day, the only worry I had was that they were going to cancel/postpone my surgery for some reason.  But I went under and was fine (I liked being the first surgery of the day).

1st day of Opti, exciting.  I didn't have a problem with mine.  2.5 weeks of chocolate shakes (which was nice as I can't drink milkshakes).  I enjoyed not planning meals for myself.  I didn't know about being able to alter the taste.  Just used really cold water and a good shaker.

You'll be on the bench in no time!

Cathy

blueeyes95
on 6/26/15 7:36 am - Toronto , Canada

Thanks Cathy I also have that fear of cancellation too... 

Meggles07
on 6/26/15 8:28 am - Canada

I found day one of opti totally fine -- I had bought torani syrup in red raspberry ahead of time, and mixed that into the vanilla. I liked that so I didn't mess with a good thing. I did find that around day three I started getting a headache, but that went away after a day or two. I liked the chocolate opti plain and had it first thing in the morning and as my bed time snack so it was sort of a treat :)

Meg~

MeltingMindyLoo
on 6/26/15 9:53 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I start opti next Wednesday!  *high fives*

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

Darbaybe_2014
on 6/26/15 10:14 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hey there,  my surgery is  Tuesday July 14th in Guelph, I don't start my OPTI until July 7 .....I am  a little nervous about it.... however I am more scared about afterwards and hoping my new pouch can heal well and that I can get all the required nutrients in so I don't get ill....I feel the clinics and these boards have really helped me learn what I need to do...I am ready....just want it done with at this point. Hang in there. :)

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

blueeyes95
on 6/26/15 10:26 am - Toronto , Canada

You only have to do one week of OPTI? Congrats on the Surgery dates too!!

TYSY
on 6/27/15 4:33 am - Canada
RNY on 07/14/15

I start opti on Tues, my surgery is July 14th TWH 

scared, excited and pumped all at the same time.

they said I would be in the hospital for 2 days and suggested I stay in Toronto close to the hospital for 2 more days....and I am planning on going the night before, so that's like 5 sleeps away from my kids :( . In the long run well worth it.

Oh2BeMe
on 6/26/15 9:45 pm

I am having surgery the same day, same hospital, same doctor. What a coincidence.  I started my Opti 3 days ago, doing way better than I ever thought. Thank goodness for the chicken and beef broth and the sugar free jello. I got mostly Vanilla Opti and I add flavours to it. They have all been fantastic so far. For the chocolate, I got mint extract and caramel extract. But I like the vanilla much better. 

I just study my binder and make sure I know what to do when I get home. 

Dr. Cyriac comes highly recommended, and nothing but positive things I have heard about him from the facebook page. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/15 10:48 pm

You had the same attitude as me, I didn't dread opti, but looked forward to it. I wasn't nervous about surgery, I was excited.

The weight you lose with Opti will make you feel even better, your skin will look better too........

Good luck, I'm pumped for you too :)

Most Active
Recent Topics