What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 2:26 am

Well cc, I guess today is my day to wake up at 430am and not be able to fall asleep. 

I was talking about work last night with my family and I had nightmares last night about that. Mostly they were that I lose my job, which is very possible at the moment.  To anyone who thinks that public service jobs are all easy and secure, you are living in the past.  If I hear one more person say that my union will protect me from job loss and protect my rights as an employee then I will scream.  Our union does nothing and things just get worse, and let me tell all those people that if public servants lose their benefits the rest of society will follow.  It is my experience that there is little sympathy anywhere for public servants and that is a very sad thing.  Yes there are some lazy people in the public service who give everyone else a bad name, but let me tell you I am not one of them, and 80% of the people I work with are just as dedicated and hardworking as me, and take pride in serving their country.   I just wish that people saw how bad it is right now for everyone, even us "spoiled" public servants.  End of rant and sorry for the mini tirade.

I am having my vitamins and shake and then hopefully I can get back to sleep after doing my guided relaxation meditation, that usually works.  Obviously I need to chill out, so I will be doing a longer session at the gym today, that will at least relax my body.  Found some local snap peas at the farmers market yesterday, boy are they wonderful.  Pat your post about shelling peas reminded me to get some, so thank you for posting about that.  I also would like to hit vv boutique today and grocery shopping, always looking for new clothing.  Its supposed to rain so I will probably stay in this afternoon and get caught up on some cleaning, possibly watch a movie this afternoon.

10 months post op

b - gnc lean strawberry protein shake with my vitamins

s - eggwhite and psyllium "wrap" with sf sweetened cottage cheese or maybe sf pancake syrup.  Going to make a bunch of the wraps for eating this coming week, keep them stacked in the fridge and just heat them up as needed

l - eggwhite wrap with pb and nsa jam

s - pepperoni stick

d - carmelized onion and swiss cheese chicken burger (first time trying these) with wax beans

s - local snap peas

all water and vits

Have a nice day everyone.

crqvingchange
on 6/28/15 4:48 am

Good morning everyone.  Zizzler so sorry to hear about the nightmare, and the stresses at work.  I`m sure the two are connected.  Your psyllium wraps sound really good, and so does your pumpkin squares.  When we meet you will have to give me the recipe for the wraps.

Yesterday I got a mountain of laundry done, and did some house cleaning.  Today I will be doing more paperwork and starting to pack for my vacation.  The place where we will be staying has a kitchen, but cooking on vacation is something I don`t want to do, and DH definitely won`t do.  Eating out isn`t too bad if I can find places that have a good salad and some protein, a good breakfast, and some kind of protein and veg for dinner.  The hard part is making sure that I eat regularly so that I don`t get over-hungry and make bad choices, and that I always have a snack in my purse.

11 months post op

B. Egg, turkey sausage, salsa wrap

S. Cottage Cheese with some fruit (have to use this up)

L. Same as breakfast

S. Source Greek yogurt in lime flavour

D. Going out with the inlaws, so it will be a salad and some sort of protein

S. Another Source Greek yogurt (I have to use these up as well)

Have a great day everyone.  Zizzler enjoy your nap, lol. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 6:30 am

Hey cc, the recipe for the eggwhite wraps is posted here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/ page,2/.  We can definitely discuss this when we meet, looking forward to it. :0)  CC, Rideau centre has a really nice food court that includes a Green Rebel and a greek food place.  Their salad at the greek place is great with chicken and the greek garlic sauce that they make, omg good.  Another idea is to go to any subway and ask for the sub as a salad instead of on a bun, they do this at all locations.  My favourite is the meatball one done this way. Fyi there is also a nutrition house at Rideau centre that has lots of bars and shakes if you are in a pinch.

Boy did I ever go on a rampage in my post there eh?  Sorry everyone, that what happens when you get only a couple hours of sleep and then post something, geez embrassing.  I am up from my nap and feel a little less, um, pessimistic about the future now.

crqvingchange
on 6/28/15 6:46 am

Thank you so much Zizzler.   Don't worry about venting, we've all had those moments and that's what this forum is for- support. Work stress or stress of any kind can lead to sleeplessness, bad food choices, and over all poor health. I'll bet your nap was peaceful after you had a good vent.

Thank you for all the suggestions they sound great. Maybe we could make an exchange.   I'll buy you a coffee of your choice for one of your wraps. That way I'll know how they are supposed to turn out, lol.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 12:40 pm

That's a great idea cc, I will bring a wrap with me.  Yes, my nap was very peaceful after my venting actually, I slept until almost 9am in fact.  I agree stress is a killer, I need to make a plan on how to manage it in advance so that when it strikes I am ready.

Karen M.
on 6/28/15 8:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Zizzler, don't give the venting a second thought. As a civil/public servant myself, I can completely relate to what you're saying. (And prior to working in municipal government, I worked for 14 years in provincial government and if that wasn't bad enough, the provincial employment was in education - gah!)

Funnily enough, I went on a mini rant myself earlier in the week. Andrew made reference to the City inspectors at his job sites and how "little they do" and followed that up with how his brother (City of Toronto) can leave work whenever he wants/it doesn't matter if the job is done/whatever else bull**** he spewed and finished it off with a "city workers.. blah blah blah" (I wasn't listening at this point because I was pissed). Me: You do realize who you're talking to? When have you EVER seen me "take off early",  take time "when I feel like it", make reference to "who cares, the work will be there tomorrow"?? Yeah, NEVER.

While I'm not in a union (City of Mississauga), I know how it feels to be uncertain of job security despite serving your country/province/municipality/city. It sucks every bit as much as if we worked in the private sector and the economy driving our salaries and jobs is the same freakin' economy driving everyone else's.

So I get it. Rant on, sister.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 12:47 pm

Thanks Karen and good for you for challenging that type of negative talk.  It is hard enough for people right now, throwing each other under the bus certainly does not help.  Plus its just mean, you know?  When has being mean ever helped?

birdiegirl
on 6/28/15 4:51 am

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

Zizzler you sound really uptight - that's tough on your general well being - including food consumption - hope you find some peace

Today is going to be a very poor eating day - I have planned a 90th birthday party so will enjoy all of the food and company to the max.  I will be glad when the day is complete as its been on my mind for awhile.  I would certainly have lost my re-gain quicker if I didn't go awol every few weeks - however this is MY way and I can live with it.  Key is to get back on wls basics as soon as the event is finished.  I am not advocating this for those still in the losing phase.

STEPS - 5834

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 pure protein bar

L - at party - 1 slider - french fry bar - one serving - cake - 1 small piece - glass of merlot

S in the evening - 2 cups of kale salad

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,974,  Carbs - 143 Grams,  Fat - 86 Grams,  Protein - 96 Grams

All water and vits - I never miss this

Have a great one 

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 6:35 am

Thanks, I am super uptight for sure, I intend to work out extra hard at the gym and work on dealing with my stress by writing it out cbt style.  That and update my resume of course.  90th birthday sounds awesome, hope you have a great time.

Zizzler
on 6/28/15 12:48 pm

Wow, I had an awesome workout and I feel so much more relaxed physically.  ahhh....

Most Active
Recent Topics