colds

Nikki101
on 7/4/15 1:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I've seem to have caught a cold. I haven't been able to speak to anyone one st my venter about it... being that I woke up with it this morning. my throat is killing me and I'm drained.  I don't know what to do for relief :( 

meowface
on 7/4/15 3:38 pm - Canada

I'm no doctor but my first hit on google using this search term - rny what to take if I have a cold

https://www.slhn.org/docs/newsletter/bariatrics%20-%20coughcoldflu.pdf

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

Nikki101
on 7/4/15 4:32 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

that kind of helps. I've avoided halls and such because of the sugar content. but I'm at the point I can't even drink my Protien drink because of the pain and weird feeling. .. almost feels like my throat is swollen on one side  :( food and me aren't really possible much today. I've eaten eaten a bit but it hurts a ton.

might check if I have the spray sn what's in it for fora bit of relief. 

highlandbear
on 7/4/15 5:36 pm - Canada

you can get halls that are sugar free and Cepacol that is sugar free. You can also take Tylenol for colds. I use all of these when I get a bad cold. Get well soon. 

Nikki101
on 7/4/15 6:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

thanks I'll have ro look into it.  right now I'm home and to dizzy/tired and off feeling to drive anywhere.  plus everything close is closed.  

I'm only 5 months out so I don't want to mess anything up.  but i know not being able to eat is messing things up. I'm working on having some extra Protien drink even though that hurts and my tummy is now all gross and wants nothing in it. 

Catw
on 7/5/15 8:52 am - Arnprior, Canada

For your sore throat, try a sal****er rinse.  Also keep it moist (drinking water, for this I prefer cold or sf candies.  Can be halls, or any kind of candy).  Try the Tylonal line of cold products.  Lots of rest and lots of liquids.  Protein shake will be good, but make sure you also drink water.  Also, try some chicken soup/broth.  It always makes me feel better.

Cathy

Nikki101
on 7/5/15 2:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

thanks! I did get Tylenol cold stuff... the pills looked huge but so far so good on that part. and go sugar free ricola cough drops. 

having a mini panic attack because I just accidentally swallowed a cough drop hole.... coughed with it in my mouth...managed to eat a bit of chicken wrap and have been working in sipping water a day though I know it won't be up to normal water I take as I've slept pretty much all day this far.

nownow if only my puppy would stop trying to climb on top of me and eat my face every time I sneeze!  lol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics