what are you doing/eating today(Sunday)

TanyaLH
on 7/5/15 1:54 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 yrs 1 month post op

steps 11075

Morning Ladies,

Been up since 3 am.... . No plans today except work and the gym.

What is everyone else up to?

Soooo....I got curious about the GNC protein shakes...went there and walked out with 6 bottles and a gold card membership...lol

OMG the banana one....amazing! Swiss chocolate....not so much! Trying the vanilla one today. This just another reason why I love this forum, allthe tips and feed back  

B GNC vanilla shake, and lots of coffee today

S 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ raspberries

L 1 cuo sweet kale salad, 4 oz chicken breast

D 4 oz bbq'ed veal, 1/2 a corn on the cob 2 bites of roasted potato salad

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 7/5/15 4:23 am

RNY  6 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Looks like I better try the banana GNC shake!  I didn't like the strawberry or chocolate but really liked the vanilla.  I have been drinking premier for 6 years and still like it with lots of ice in the blender so really haven't bothered to try others - however I will get to a GNC and try this one!

Had a great day yesterday full of activities and friends - another one today.  Really hot and humid golfing but no complaints!  I was downing water from my container constantly and re-filling every 4 holes. 

Today - a few chores this morning - party later this afternoon followed by a late afternoon golf game with friends and a later dinner.  ANOTHER WLS VICTORY - planning and doing all of this and not worrying about being too tired - etc.

STEPS - 19,588

EATS

B - 2 - 3 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

Early lunch - 1 ham and cheese roll up with mustard

Party - I have inputted an egg salad sandwich worth 500 calories - 40 carbs and 28 grams of fat - 21 protein.  I cant see me eating more of whatever they serve then these stats

D - glass of chardonnay

cobb salad

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,465,  Carbs - 61 Grams,  Fat - 66 grams,  Protein - 107 grams

All water - likely 3-4 litres again for the heat - all vits

Have a great one  

Zizzler
on 7/5/15 4:42 am

Good morning everyone!

Glad you liked the banana shake, it is really yummy.  It is so funny how each of us have different favourites of these, for me strawberry is my favourite, then banana, then chocolate, and I do not care for the vanilla much for some reason.  If you are interested in buying more make sure you wait for the bogo 50% off they have every month or so, if you do then then the cases will be cheaper than premier protein at Costco. 

Today I have playdate with one of my dogs, which should be a lot of fun.  Other than that I plan to hit the gym and do some grocery shopping, return some stuff to Costco, 'cause I didn't do that yesterday. How come I go to Costco for 2 things, 30 dollars worth of stuff, and you end up leaving with 125 dollars of items?  Its so funny.

10 months post op

b - gnc strawberry protein shake, later...sf minute maid lemonade while at the gym

s - eggwhite wrap with pb and j, later...xl deacf coffee

l - eggwhite wrap with something in it, maybe cottage cheese and sf maple syrup

s - simply protein bar while at the dog park, later...xl decaf coffee

d - part of one of those black river steaks done on the bbq, with broccoli, still have not tried them.  btw I love the packaging on these, they are individually sealed.

s - leftover steak and broccoli, later..sf rapberry lemonade on ice

all water and vits

have a good one y'all!

Karen M.
on 7/5/15 8:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're lucky to get off with only spending $125 - double that and you're looking at my "quick trips" to Costco. ;)

Agreed re. the packaging on the steaks, keeps them very fresh. One tip: although the box comes with a little spice bottle, go sparingly with it. The steaks are already seasoned, you might find them a little too flavour-intense and salty if you add too much extra spice.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 7/5/15 3:25 pm

Thanks Karen, I will keep that in mind about the steaks.  I have still not cooked the steak it has been sitting my fridge for 3 days now.  How long will it stay ok to eat if it is all sealed up?  I ended up returning 40 dollars of stuff I did not like at Costco, but then I went shopping...and spent 150 bucks!  I ended up buying 4 hummus, boy do they have a nice selection: pepper caraway, greek olive, spinach artichoke, sesame ginger.  Also bought raw walnuts, simply bars, smart bars, parmesan petals, those individual chicken salads, fresh mozzarella, boccachini ? baby cheese balls, greek feta, pressed cottage cheese.  So all good stuff but holy cow it adds up so fast! 

Karen M.
on 7/6/15 4:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, it does add up quickly. By the time I stock up on cheeses I'm well over $50 and don't even get me started on the meat - I don't know what it is about Costco meat but everything tastes better. I won't buy lean ground beef anywhere else anymore, the boneless/skinless chicken breasts are always moist and juicy and the pork tenderloin is fabulous. I'll be hitting Costco likely tomorrow after work and will have a look at the hummus selection.

I have had one of those steaks in my fridge for a few days before cooking as well - it's vacuum sealed and fresh but I'd cook that one you have out now.

Karen

Karen M.
on 7/5/15 8:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :) (I think it's still morning if I type quickly enough lol)

So funny how people's tastes are so different - I'm getting a kick out of the GNC shake reviews. My favourite is the banana with the strawberry a close second and was really surprised at how much I liked the Swiss chocolate as well. Didn't like the mint chocolate birthday cake, haven't tried the vanilla. lol

Going to be a hot one out there today, so glad we stained the fence yesterday. More house stuff to do today, will do some cooking for the week, not sure what else.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana cream)

L - muffin-tin crustless quiche that I'm about to make, cucumber slices

S - parmesan chips with homemade salsa fresca

D - ribs and coleslaw, maybe 1/2 cob of corn

S - not sure yet

Have a good one,

K. :)

P.S. Zizzler, don't edit my post! lol

Karen

Zizzler
on 7/5/15 3:28 pm

lol  I guess I know now that it will do that same error every time eh?  At least it is consistent...

new_me180
on 7/5/15 9:24 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Everyone is going on about the shakes, I might have to try one. I'm always partial to strawberry and banana flavours, i'll pick out a couple and see if i like them. It looks nice outside but, i'm cold although my apt is always like an oven and everyone else is hot, i even have goosebumps.

The block party was a bust yesterday. Not much people turned up, at least the food was good but not much variety. I had a chicken breast and some pickles and fruit. I took it home and measured the chicken and it was 4oz exactly. Got two meals out of it. Not much going on today, just need some batteries for my mouse, maybe see if thee are any sales after July 1st celebration.

B - 1 egg omelette with slice cheese and tomato

L - 1/2 high fibre tortilla stuffed with 2 turkey slices, slice cheese, onion and pickles

S - protein shake (homemade), 1/8 cup roasted edamame

D - 2.5oz grilled steak, 1/4 cup sweet potato with green beans

S - protein mug cake

Totals: 820 cals, 50 carbs, 30 fats, 87 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

Nikki101
on 7/5/15 2:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

have to ask.. what is is a Protien mug cake?

Most Active
Recent Topics