Egg white wraps

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/15 9:15 am - Canada

I tried making egg white wraps this morning. The first one was mostly egg white but by the time I went to make the second one the "batter" had thickened substantially. Should I have waited longer before I made the first one? I used 2 tablespoons of the dry psyllium husk with 5 egg white substitute and 1/8 cup of skim milk.

Thanks for the help

Chris

Zizzler
on 7/7/15 1:37 pm

If you are following the recipe and cooking instructions then they should work.  I usually mix between each one to more evenly distribute the psyllium.  Sometimes if it looks too thick I will add more eggwhites to thin it out. What happened?  Did they not hold together?

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/15 3:04 pm - Canada

They did hold together. Just that the first one looked like straight egg white then the second one was so thick I couldn't smooth it out. I will try again. I was just wondering if by chance I was suppose to add water to the psyllium first and then measure it once it was swollen. Thanks for the help. I'll get it right next time. Chris

Zizzler
on 7/7/15 5:08 pm

Make sure you mix it really well before frying each one.  If it looks too thick you can't go wrong adding more eggwhites to thin it out.  I did have one time where they did not hold together, but that was because I added to much milk.  Sometimes mine turn out a bit thicker too, then I just eat them as pancakes, still taste good.  I usually buy a big carton of eggwhites and just make the entire cartons worth, you can freeze them too, they freeze well.  Good luck with your next attempt, let us know how they turn out for you!

Nikki101
on 7/8/15 8:31 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

been interested in trying this sn plan to look up the recipie ... but where do you get the psyllium? 

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/15 5:19 pm - Canada

I bought it at the Bulk Barn.

Nikki101
on 7/8/15 11:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Thank you! Been thinking about trying those egg white wraps for something different but didn't know where to get the stuff to make them.

Most Active
Recent Topics