Don't want to eat

HKT53
on 7/28/15 4:49 pm - Toronto, Canada

my revision to RNY was done July 10. I didn't like al the protein shakes but while on full fluids I followed guidelines to the "T". This week on puréed foods and not liking anything but puréed vegetables. I've tried roast beef....chicken..tonight salmon. All puréed and I am not drinking while I'm eating. I think I am following the rules but really don't like food. I have no desire to eat. Feel uncomfortable with only 15 ml of meat. The veggies cooked and puréed are fine but only a very small amount. Is this going to get better? Or do I need to see a shrink.

roxytrim
on 7/28/15 4:54 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

It's quite foreign a feeling isn't?  This is all normal and a chance to grasp the idea that food is fuel and must be consumed as such.  Keep working at it and following the rules.  What you think you just don't like, a few days later you might be fine with it.  It's all part of the learning process.

HKT53
on 7/28/15 5:19 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks...so I'm normal. Ok and the fact that I only lost 9 lbs since July 10... Is that OK to be that slow. You might want to know this...but for two years I have been living on liquids only because my gastric sleeve of twenty five years swelled up and only liquids could get through. I am happy not to vomit or have acid reflux anymore but disappointed that I am not happy to eat food again. But I like my protein water.

i see you are from Coburg. Have friends and family there. I wanted to get up this summer but don't think I will have the time.

Helen

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Karen M.
on 7/28/15 6:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Your weight loss is just fine. Try not to stress (I know, way easier said than done lol) about things right now, I think you're doing the best you can at the moment. I will say, however, that eating pureed vegetables without protein is not okay. If you were able to get the protein shakes down on the fluids stage, you're able to get them down now too.

Regarding not wanting to eat - I am certain that the vast majority of us went through this too! At 9 years post-op, I still have days where I'm simply not interested. I haven't felt "hungry" since March 2006. lol  You will find enjoyment in food again, it just takes time.

Hang in there!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

roxytrim
on 7/28/15 5:25 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

9 lbs. In just 18 days is very impressive...keep on truckin' girl - you will be fine.  If you are able to get to TWH they have a terrific support group that meets monthly.

Too bad you can't get out to these beautiful Northumberland Hills we are having a terrific summer.

HKT53
on 7/28/15 5:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh I have HRRH close to me and they meet last Wed of every month....good tomorrow I can talk it over with them.

I have a big family wedding Aug 8 and maybe the following week I can get up there. You are inspiring me to find time.

Helna_Handbasket
on 7/28/15 7:11 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

You're doing great!  Could you add some unflavoured protein powder to the pureed veggies?  Might help sneak the protein in that way..

Congrats on your efforts :)

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

HKT53
on 7/28/15 7:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks...I think I could do that. I was such an optimist today thinking I could eat the fish and meat. But tomorrow definitely add protein powder to my veggies.

Helen

Most Active
Recent Topics