Shopping trip to Costco -

Helna_Handbasket
on 7/30/15 4:32 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Good morning!

Oh lordy I am getting nervous.  Tuesday is THE DAY.  Last day at work for awhile.  Off to Costco tomorrow to renew my membership and pick up some of the highly recommended Premier shakes.

While I am there - any other good buys to look for?  Just getting myself a bit more ready for the liquid and pureed stages.  

Thanks in advance!

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

hiom
on 7/30/15 4:41 am - Canada

Greek yogurt, did you get your liquid vitamins??

Solstice
on 7/30/15 5:14 am
RNY on 11/27/14

Yes, the Greek Yogurt is a really good idea, Kirkland brand, 3 x500 gram size for $8.49.

I just got some last night. And best price on Vits too!

Solstice

highlandbear
on 7/30/15 1:20 pm - Canada

did you check to see how much sugar is in the greek yogurt. I have only found a few greek yogurt with low sugar.  To high of a sugar may cause you to dump plus you don't want to do a lot of sugar

Solstice
on 7/30/15 4:15 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I keep it simple by buying only 2 brands of yogurt, PC Greek, and Kirkland, both very high in protein, and yes, low in sugar. I have checked.All over that.

Solstice

Helna_Handbasket
on 7/30/15 5:51 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Greek yogurt - check!  Good advice on the vitamins.  I have a few already in my stash, but I'll check out the prices.  

Trying to forget Costco has the best hotdogs.  Opti Is Delicious. Opti Is Delicious. Opti is Delicious < my mantra while walking around the store.

Solstice
on 7/30/15 6:19 am
RNY on 11/27/14

yes, Costco is a challenge for peeps like us...it's funny, last night I saw a new brand of sausage that was chicken and feta, wow, sounds like it has my name on it...and it did, the brand is Connie's.

Yes that's my name...

hahaha...there is fun to be had...

For later in your days they have edamame beans in individual packs-still too big for us though...which are great for protein. Any number of fish fillets in individual portions too.

All the best to you next week for surgery...mine went so well, hardly felt a thing!

Solstice

This G.
on 7/31/15 5:35 am - Canada

Ugh, its the worst when good food also has our name on it. haha You make me laugh :)

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/30/15 6:53 am - Canada

Tuesday is coming fast....I'm excited for you!!!!

I'm on week 2 of post op full fluids.  I had bought a whole bunch of stuff-- popsicles- jello- puddings- applesauce-  but really I'm just using the same few things day after day. Unflavored protein ( to add to things to bump you protein), Greek yogurt ( source), skim milk ( I used making my own shakes and soups instead of water to add more protein), chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup.  My sense of taste was really "off" for the first week or so, everything tasted horrible so I had no real appetite.   I was forever consumed by getting down my protein shakes and water.  You will likely find a few things that you can handle and stick with them for the first little while.  :)

Helna_Handbasket
on 7/30/15 5:45 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Thank you everyone for the helpful info! Was an adventure through the food mecca of Costo this afternoon with my 77 year old dad.  I made him eat all the free samples so I could live vicariously through him. lol.  Picked up the Premier shakes and shopped the vitamin aisle which was lacking in the chewables with acceptable levels.  I'll try a few other stores tomorrow. 

I've more/less decided to make my own soups etc. and add protein powder to them.  I love to cook and I look forward to making a mess in the kitchen and trying out some of the Pinterest recipes I've found. 

Oh - and if the nice people at Nestle who make Optifast could put something in that stuff so that the sense of smell is temporarily turned off - that would be greaaaaat.  BBQ season while on Opti is BRUTAL.  My neighbourhood smells so good when I'm out for my walk!!

Opti is delicious, Opti is delicious, Opti isn't bacon..

Most Active
Recent Topics