Anyone near Belleville have extra OptiFast I can buy?

Crispy
on 7/31/15 3:47 pm - Canada

I only bought enough for 2 weeks and did not realize we needed it for after surgery.  It is now too late for me to go to Kingston to get it before my surgery.  Does anyone have any extra I could buy or alternatively, is there anywhere else we can get it? How long do we need it for after surgery? My surgery is at TEGH but I understand I can not purchase it there.  :(

roxytrim
on 7/31/15 4:12 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

You don't need for after surgery...your 2 week supply is enough.  What you do need post surgery is a good protien like premier protien in a liquid form.  It has good nutritional stats and is easy to have on full fluids or anytime.  You can get it by the case at Costco and if you get vanilla you can add flavours.

Crispy
on 7/31/15 6:59 pm - Canada

do we need it for when we are in the hospital or for when we are out.  My instructions said to bring with me what the doctor prescribed because they do not have it there. I assumed it meant the Optifast.  Now I am confused.  Do they not want us to take optifast until we are ready to eat soft foods?

Crispy
on 7/31/15 7:00 pm - Canada

By the way- what does premier protein taste like?

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/15 10:19 pm

Premier Protein choc shakes are great!! I get the chocolate. They have vanilla too but recently tried it and not a big fan. They sell at Costco for $30 for 18. That's what you need post op amongst other things. I split up drinking my shake, 1/2 in the morn, 1/2 at night.

You don't need Opti post op, like others have said. You won't need anything in the hospital but your cpap machine if you have one. I brought mine but haven't used it since. Good luck

KerryF.
on 7/31/15 8:09 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

OptiFast will be no good to you after surgery. The two days you are in the hospital post surgery you are on clear fluids and 15ml shots at a time and that is definitely not Optifast. I'm pretty sure the instructions is to bring your vitamins and supplements. depending on the hospital some want you to take them immediately and some hospitals let you start them once you are back home. Check again with your specific clinic. 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Crispy
on 7/31/15 8:38 pm - Canada

ok that makes sense- thanks!

baker_chick
on 7/31/15 9:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/03/15

I am from Belleville and had surgery June 3/15.  If you had your pre-surgical class at Kingston Hotel Due you would have been given a booklet on how to take the opti-fast and for how long. You only use these shakes to shrink your liver before surgery. Your booklet would have also contained all your food stages after surgery and what vitamins you will need to take. As far as the prescriptions goes it means any prescribe meds you are on now to take cause the hospital may not have what you are being prescribed by your doctor. On another note don't go ahead and buy cases of protein shakes because you may not like them. Kingston told us the easiest option would be to buy whey protein isolate at the bulk barn (a small quanity) to make sure that we can tolerate it. If you can't you can try other protien options but it is better to start out with a simple plan than spend a lot of money, it can get expensive. Anyways sorry about the long winded message just wanted to share what I went through with Kingston.  Best of luck with your surgery and will save you a seat on the loosers bench LOL

phatmama2
on 8/3/15 7:01 pm
Hi. I am from Trenton. Going to my dietician/social worker appt tomorrow. When is the presurgical class? Is it later when you get a surgery date?
Carole1967
on 8/4/15 12:48 pm - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Hi , i am also from Belleville , i had my surgery on March 11.2015 in Ottawa, all they wanted me to bring was my vitamins to make sure that i got them all and the right kinds. I also went through Kingston and i loved an still love  my booklet they gave me , i find it very informative. Good luck to you, see you on the bench!!

Most Active
Recent Topics