Opti day 1 - thoughts

meowface
on 8/4/15 1:43 pm - Canada

I'm 3 shakes in. First was breakfast @ 7:15am straight chocolate nothing added, not to bad. Lunch @11:30am was a chocolate shake with a SF raspberry shot, pretty yummy. Started feeling hunger at around 2pm. Last break at 2:15 made some chicken broth (so glad I work from home, this would be annoying in the office). Finish work at 4pm made a Vanilla shake with  SF Root beer shot, not to bad. Hubby says it tastes like cake batter. His orientation is tomorrow @TWH so he better like the taste cause this will be him in 6-9 months lol

Will have another shake around 8pm. Need to make some SF Jello. Will probably have some broth in there as well.

This hunger isn't nice but I hear it will go away in 3 days. Please say it'll go away in 3 days...

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/4/15 4:01 pm - Canada

LOL- it does get better.  You will likely find yourself really looking forward to those shakes.  ( I kinda liked um)

Very cool you and your husband are both taking the journey!!!  Hang in there!!! 

Zizzler
on 8/4/15 5:53 pm

It will get better, I felt lots better on day 4.  Day 1 and 2 I felt awful, I threw up the first shake I had, fever, chills, it was not fun.  One thing that helped was making the opti thicker, sort of like a pudding consistency, so it was more like solid food.  That and experimenting with different broth combinations, herbs and spices.  If you are allowed I hightly recommend adding a tsp of cocoa powder and some sf coconut flavouring to either chocolate or vanilla, if you have a blender blend it up with lots of ice.  Omg, that and the sf root beer loran oil in vanilla were my absolute favourites.  Hang in there, keep your eyes on the prize, you can do this!

Bob H.
on 8/4/15 6:52 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

The shakes aren't that bad after a couple of days. I'm on week 2 today, (I did 16 weeks of them in 2011). The 4th day gets better and you are doing the right approach - adding flavor makes a big difference some of them make sweet and it feels like you are having a real shake. I like to add Cinnamon  and a t-sppon of decaf coffee in mine in the morning that way you get the coffee taste.

I do my shakes (I learned this in 2011) at 7 / 11 / 3 / 7 every day consistently. by having them before everybody else eats lunch / supper you still feel full when they eat and the one at 7:00pm fends off the interest in snacking (I have kids who are in their late teens who seem to be able to eat 24/7 and not gain an oz ;))

I skip the broth and just do the shakes - i like to keep with in the boundary and avoid risk of knocking myself out of ketosis (the reason you don't feel hungry after the 3rd day) because getting back there afterwards is a killer.

Your going to do great - and you have support of the hubby which will help for sure!

Good Luck

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Most Active
Recent Topics