What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 8/1/15 12:24 am

RNY  6 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

This insomnia is really a PITA.  Been wide awake since 1 and have to leave the house by 6:45 this morning so I don't see any more sleep in my near future.

Today begins a 3 day tournament for me.  Cumulative score so I need to keep my head about me. 

Tonight I plan on 2 sleeping pills and an early night.

STEPS - 6674

EATS

Right now - skim milk and a GoodFoods chicken salad with almonds and cranberry

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S on course - 1 oz hard parmesan cheese

1 small plum

L - cobb salad no dressing

D - Hot Italian sausage on a bun with mustard and pickles

1.5 cups of kale salad - maybe

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,444, Carbs - 106 Grams,  Fat - 63 Grams,  Protein - 118 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 8/1/15 3:36 am

Good morning everyone.  Barb I'm sorry that the insomnia bug is back.  Here's hoping that you get a good night's sleep tonight, and that you do well in the tournament.  Was it this time last year that you played a 3 day tournament with an injured foot?

This morning I go for a 1 hour foot massage.  This is one of the gifts that I gave myself for my 1 year surgaversary.  Later DH and I are going on a short day trip to Stratford and then tonight to see a movie.

1 year post op

B. Large decaf with GNC vanilla used as creamer while I'm getting my feet massaged

S. Egg/sausage/mushroom quiche with fresh salsa on top

L. My favourite grilled asparagus salad in Stratford.  I will see if I can get a protein added

S. Skinny latte

D. Jamie Oliver Salmon Burger with sliced avocado, a little habanero aioli

S. Sugar free Yogen Fruz at the movie

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 6:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

Which movie are you seeing CC?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 8/1/15 11:55 am

Wow you have a good memory.  You are exactly right.  I forgot about the foot - broke a few toes as I recall.

I was terrible today - but going to get a good nights sleep with some drugs and come back guns blazing tomorrow.

Have fun at Stratford - great spot

Herecomeshealth
on 8/1/15 4:21 am

Have you heard of low magnisium leading to insomnia. I had mine identified as low so I read up on magnisium. Basically no horrible side effects other than insomnia. It may be worth trying some. It can lead to loose stools according to my Dr. Anyway I thought it might be worth suggesting.

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 6:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

I had an interesting read on WebMD re. magnesium just now. My doctor mentioned adding magnesium to my regimen could possibly help with the debilitating foot/shin cramps I get and it is indicated in people with liver issues (me) as well - though at the time I thought, "Ugh - another pill to choke down?!" lol

I was careful to read through the possible drug interactions as well and one of the meds I take for my liver may (or may not, I'll have to consult with my doctor of course) have a negative interaction with it. 

Are you taking magnesium?

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/1/15 5:22 am

Good morning everyone!  Back from my vacation and it was fantastic! I allowed myself a few non-plan items but overall did very well, made sure to get my protein, vitamins, and water in every day.  Also swam for the first time since surgery, it was so much easier to get in and out of the pool this year, and I was able to play for a few hours at the beach no problem. Back to reality now, and I have to say I sort of missed posting here.

How has everyone been doing?  Birdiegirl sorry to hear about your insomnia, especially difficult when you are so active during the day, I hope that gets better soon.  CC your foot massage sounds awesome, enjoy!

Going to take it easy today, my first day back home and still unpacking.  Might hit the farmers market later, see if I can buy a couple of local peaches. omg local peaches are the best.

11 months post op

b - gnc lean banana protein shake, decaf coffee x 2 with vanilla gnc protein shake as creamer (thanks for this idea cc)

s - sf pressed cottage cheese chocolate coconut smoothie

l - sf pressed cottage cheese pancake with margarine and sf syrup, may try almond flavour this time, maybe a local peach

s - same as lunch

d - probably more leftover cc pancakes, maybe with nsa jam and margarine

s - saracha sunflower seeds

all water and vits

have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 6:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

Was thinking of you yesterday and hoping you were having a great vacation! So glad to hear you had such a good time. Welcome home :)

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/1/15 6:14 am

Thanks Karen, hope your vacation was really nice too :0)

Karen M.
on 8/1/15 6:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

My staycation was nothing short of awesome, thanks! I can't think of another vacation ever where I have gone back to work so completely rested, relaxed and ready to go hard again. :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics