What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 8/3/15 1:39 am

Good morning everyone.  The insomnia bug bit me, I was up at 3:00 this morning.  Hopefully I'll be able to catch a nap later.  We have friends coming to the house at noon today so I will need to get more sleep so I won't be yawing when they arrive.  This evening we are planning on going to the movies.

1 year post op

B. Salmon/asparagus/mushroom/cheese quiche in a mug

S. Large iced decaf

L. Feta and spinach sausage with peppers and mushrooms

S. Skinny Frappacino

D. Sole stuffed with crab and shrimp

S. Popcorn at the movies or a sugar free Yogen Fruz

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

TanyaLH
on 8/3/15 2:08 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years 2 months post op

steps 15824

Morning

Barb, sorry about the insomnia. Hopefully you can get a nap in today. What movie are you going to see?

Was a busy weekend for me, new car pick up, work,  Ribfest  and everything else in between. But it was all good :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Today is just work and the gym depending on what time I get out of work.

B Protein coffee, 1 Source yogurt, sm orange

S GNC Strawberry shake

L Tuna on 2 melbas w/ 1/2 c sweet kale salad

D 3 oz turkey burger w/ all the fixings no bun

S 4 oz skim milk

Be well everyone

Tanya

crqvingchange
on 8/3/15 2:18 am

Hi Tanya, we're hoping to see Mission Impossible.  As for the nap, fingers crossed. 

C.C.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/3/15 5:18 am

MI was really good CC, saw it yesterday.  Enjoy!

birdiegirl
on 8/3/15 2:37 am

RNY  6 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

I see I'm not the only one having trouble sleeping - hope its a one night wonder for you CC.

Played a little better yesterday in the tournament - great on the front and just lost it on the back it was so friggen slow.  Today I am going to keep my cool and wits about me and play like I am able to salvage the weekend.  Big party afterward with nothing but carbs/fat and salt...yes and some sugar.  I will do some special ordering and deconstructing.

Tonight - Ti-Cats home opener and yes I will be having a bag of chips and a beer.  Back to my normal nutritious eating tomorrow

STEPS - 16,012

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S on course - 1 H/B egg and 1 oz hard parmesan

L - shrimp ****tail

insides of an Italian sandwich - cheese and salami/mortadella/etc etc

few slices of melon

D - 3 oz beef sirloin

1 Sausage link

S at game - 1 small bag of chips with 1 Coors light

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,569,  Carbs - 57 Grams,  Fat - 80 Grams,  Protein - 131 Grams

Not bad stats so hopefully I can stick to what I have written - lots of temptation today

All water and vits - maybe a G2 if I get sweaty on the course

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 8/3/15 3:09 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Apparently, I am still sleeping!!!

I thought Barb started this one!

In any case, I am sorry to all that the insomnia bug has bitten....

Patm
on 8/3/15 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Off to Para Pan this afternoon. Probably not much to do. Just set up day no sports. Was scheduled for 8:00am but split with another volunteer. There will not be enough for two of us to do so we will each do half the day. Kids for dinner tonight. I will make a salad and dessert before I leave. Calories are ow because I have been eating too much lately and it is showing on the scale.

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l ocean's tuna snack kit, snap pea crisps

s pure protein bar

d souvlaki, tzatziki, greek salad, green beans

s fruit salad

cal 847, carb 78, prot 78

Karen M.
on 8/3/15 6:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

Will that be enough food/calories to keep you going Pat? I find if I go too low I start grazing on stuff and before I know it I'm right back up there with the numbers. 

P.S. I'm excited for the Para Pan - I'll be attending Wheelchair Rugby on the 12th with my Mississauga AAC and the Councillors and am so looking forward to it!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 8/3/15 5:51 am

Good morning everyone!  Sorry to hear about all the insomnia going on, hope it gets better for you soon.  CC is the yogen fruz low in carbs too as well as sugar free?  I was at kiwi craze the other day and the sugar free frozen yogurt had more carbs than the regular.  I still do not understand how that is even possible, they must be adding other ingredients high in carbs.  I thought it was pretty sneaky so I just wanted to let you know.

My last day of vacation today so I will be getting ready for back to work.  I am a little nervous as I am so relaxed now and I know it will be a ****storm when I get back.  Not sure how I will deal with all the changes coming, but I have confidence that I will get through it one way or another as I always have before. 

Still need to unpack, but that is just wishful thinking, my brain thinks if I do not unpack then my vacation is not coming to an end. Ha ha, no such luck! lol   Plan to hit Costco today, need some more protein bars, might get a case of premier protein chocolate while I am there, some more greek feta. Hitting the gym later for my regular workout and weights.

11 months post op

b - strawberry gnc protein shake

s -  cottage cheese smoothie, sf with cocoa powder, coconut flavouring, sucralose

l - cranberry almond chicken salad on parmesan chips, a protein bar if out shopping

s -  feta cheese with watermelon

d - fresh tomato, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil, salt (bought some kumato tomatoes to try, anyone tried them?  They are green-brown in colour)

s - leftover dinner, p28 slice toasted with pb

all water and vits

have a nice one everybody!

Karen M.
on 8/3/15 6:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

You'll get through the ****storm, Zizzler - what's the alternative? ;)

You're right on about the majority of "low fat" items - this often means high sugar/sugar alcohols, which means high carb. Gotta make it still taste okay somehow, right?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics