What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Zizzler
on 8/25/15 12:28 am

Good morning everyone.  My eyes popped open after some nightmares so here I am posting at 3am.  Nothing special planned today, my goal is to drag my butt into work, do some work, then go home.  Staying professional is really hard right now, I am still very angry about losing my promotion to my colleague, and he is acting like an arrogant ***** as my new boss.  It feels like when my job was cut 4 years ago so I keep trying to think what I did then that helped.  I remember getting involved in volunteering helped, as did working on my resume and searching for jobs.  Most of all I think what helped was when I just accepted the situation as something I could not control and focused on things that I can control.  I also tried to practice gratitude for what I do have and compassion and loving behaviours toward myself and others. 

1 year post op

b - 1/3 of a low carb "English muffin", toasted with low sugar jam and margarine

s - gnc protein shake strawberry, decaf coffee

l - local organic tomato slices with salt and pepper, cheese string

s - organic tiny apple from my father's apple tree, handful of almonds

d - leftover fish with garden salad, a little tartar sauce and blue cheese dressing

s - more of dinner if I am hungry, need to use it up before it goes bad

all water and vits, have a nice day everyone and remember to do something loving for yourself today because you deserve it!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Wenders8
on 8/25/15 3:20 am

Good morning!  Busy day at work today and then an out of town appointment. I hope you managed to get some sleep this morning after your early wake up Zizzler!

10 weeks post op

B- scrambled egg whites with jalapeño cheese and a touch of salsa

S- 2 tbsp hummus with 2 melba

L- cran/ Pom protein drink

S- peach source Greek yogurt

D- probably at a restaurant. Will choose a small salad with chicken 

all water and vitamins

have a great day everyone!

crqvingchange
on 8/25/15 3:38 am

Good morning everyone.  Everyone's menu looks really yummy.  Zizzler I like those coping techniques.  I'm hoping that they starting working quickly and that you are also kind to yourself - today and everyday.  That park we went to was so nice, hopefully you can go again this week.

Today it's swimming, then coffee with a friend, some more laundry (I really need to get rid of some of my clothes.  With the too big, too small, just right sizes I feel like Goldie Locks on a clothes shopping bender) If the weather is nice I may also do some gardening.

1 year, 1 month post op

B. Iced protein coffee

S. Skinny latte after swimming

L. Blue cheese and Buffalo sauce chicken sausage and a salad (never had this yesterday, I was too lazy to cook and just reheated casserole in the microwave)

S. Another iced decaf coffee

D. same as lunch

S. deli chicken rollups with Laughing cow jalapeno cheese in the middle and some zesty pickles on the side

Have a great day everyone, get outside and smile.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/25/15 4:57 am

Hey cc, my closet is the same way, it's really annoying!  Good idea about the park, I should go there at lunch to relax.  I saw buffalo wing sausages at the store and wondered if they were good.  

crqvingchange
on 8/25/15 7:12 am

I'll let you know when I try them

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/25/15 1:31 pm

Went to the park at lunch today and it was lovely.  Change of scenery really helped :0)

Zizzler
on 8/25/15 4:51 am

Hey there, I did get back to sleep for an hour, no nightmares this time.  Hope you have a nice day too!

Karen M.
on 8/25/15 3:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Z, I was up at about 1:30 as "someone" turned the A/C off and it was HOT. And then I had foot/shin/toe cramps, which is always a treat - at least I managed to get a couple more hours of sleep - sorry that you didn't. Go forth with purpose - walk in with confidence and positivity, move that butt - don't drag it. You have control of yourself and your little work-world. :)

Back to work today after a 4-day weekend. Nice weekend (other than the funeral on Friday), got stuff done, had an unexpected visitor yesterday afternoon (who arrived at lunchtime and didn't leave 'til 5PM, didn't want lunch so apparently I didn't have one either :/). Will be a busy day at work, have to run a couple of errands at lunch, coffee night tonight (which I love and look forward to).

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (Swiss chocolate)

S - regular muffin-tin crustless quiche, 1 ham/cheese/pickle roll-up (maybe, might save 'til later)

L - very small little dinner roll with summer sausage, old cheddar and lettuce; a couple of cucumber slices

S - 1 (or 2, depending on what I did at morning snack) ham/cheese/pickle roll-up, a few grapes

D - not sure if this will be before or after coffee night - "spaghetti without the spaghetti" (meat/veggie sauce only), parmesan petals

S - coffee at coffee night, not sure that I'll want anything when I get home - likely not

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 8/25/15 5:04 am

I will try to be positive, but really it's taking all my energy staying professional and getting through the day.  what veggie do you put the meat sauce on?  

Karen M.
on 8/25/15 6:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

It does take a lot of energy, but think of it as "self preservation" - both emotionally/personally and professionally.

I eat the meat/veggie sauce in a small bowl with a spoon. No need for a bottom. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics