What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 9/28/15 3:44 am

Good morning everyone.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Today it's swimming then I am heading to Toronto to do some shopping with a friend and maybe a yoga session this evening. Not sure of what my eats will be, but I will try to make good choices.

Have a great day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 9/28/15 3:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Fairly busy weekend - and it went way too fast! Still struggling with the neck strain/pinch/who knows? and the drugs the doctor prescribed do very little. I think instead of treating the pain, he should have treated the muscle with a relaxant - may have to go back. :/

Off to work for the day for the start of another busy week, need to finish off my next assignment due on Wednesday, a couple of errands on the way home, not much else on the go! Not enough hours in the day ;) Was at Costco yesterday and I swear I teared up when I saw the f'ing Christmas trees. Almost forgot, I want to stop in at GNC to see if they have the pumpkin spice GNC Total Lean shakes that I've heard rumour of - has anyone seen these this year?

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake (vanilla)

S - Source Greek, a few grapes

L - 4 oz Costco roast chicken salad, tomato/cucumber/feta salad

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-up dipped in horseradish-Dijon

D - breakfast for dinner - 1 slice toast topped with approx. 2 oz peameal bacon and a fried egg, tomato/cucumber/feta salad

S - not sure yet, probably coffee/tea

Have a marvelous Monday,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 9/28/15 6:21 am - Toronto, Canada

Haven't been here for a bit, sorry to hear you're having pain Karen. :-( What meds were you prescribed? I had bad shoulder pain after my race, and my muscles wouldn't calm down. And I had a weird reaction to Tylenol 1 (three times, so I know it was that, where about an hour after I took it, my upper back would seize in pain, and then my chest would hurt as well). Just wondering what you were prescribed, in case I need something again. I feel odd asking for pain pills lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 9/28/15 5:04 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Gawd, I know. Pill-pusher much? LOL

Honestly Kel, the walk-in doc prescribed a heavy-duty NSAID and a PPI and at the point I was at, I said "ummmm.. okay, well I'm not supposed to take that, but I can't stand this", and took it. I don't recommend it at all - not even a little bit.

I would have been much better off if he had prescribed a muscle relaxant and argued the "it makes you sleepy" argument. I didn't have it in me and wanted relief. And he made me feel like a pill-seeker in the process. LOL

I don't do well with any Tylenol products - not only does it kill my ailing liver, they don't do squat for me in the way of pain relief. Had I been in a better head-space, I would have requested a couple of Percocets instead - something to get me through the week and hope for the best as far as healing by the weekend. Lesson learned.  

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/15 5:15 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Avoid percocet since it has tylenol in it.  I just get oxycodone(supeudol), which is the narcotic part of percocet but no tylenol.  Tylenol does nothing for me and told my doc I don't want my liver working overtime to process that part of percocet that does squat for me.

Karen M.
on 9/28/15 5:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good information, thanks Tracey. I'm really not one to take pain stuff, especially after my illness and having to wean myself off Fentanyl patches, so I'm pretty careful. If I have to go back, I'll definitely take your advice.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/15 6:05 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I was prescribed 20 in January for my ongoing leg pain and only take 1/2 at a time and still have 4 left.  I definitely don't take tons.  I now have an NP since I can't get a GP here and she can't prescribe it so she wanted me to try Tramacet.  Once again its another product like percocet that mixes the opiate with damn tylenol.  I asked her if she could prescribe tramadol instead and she isnt allowed as an NP.  Tramacet is just tramadol mixed with tylenol and she can prescribe that but isn't allowed to prescribe the one without tylenol.  The oxy doesn't knock me out at all and it starts on the pain within 10 minutes. 

kellybelly333
on 9/29/15 6:18 am - Toronto, Canada

Oxy doesn't knock me out either, but I get high as a kite on it. Go from screaming pain to nothing with one pill, but then stupid happy. I see how people get addicted to it. It can make me sick if I don't have it with food though.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/15 6:26 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I get GI pain from a whole tablet even if I do eat so I take 1/2 then if I need the other 1/2 I take it 30 minutes later and get no GI pain.  I can take it and doesn't make high at all.  Percs never did though either so not surprised since it's the same narcotic in both.

kellybelly333
on 9/29/15 8:08 am - Toronto, Canada

Wow! I remember taking 2 after my RNY surgery, and I was moving my hand in front of my face and telling my mom to watch along with me, because it was slow motion. That was the last time I ever took two. Another time I took one after my gall bladder surgery and I ended up ordering pants online. Didn't even know until they were delivered!

Haven't had them in a long time, but if I have to ever have them again, I will be in bed, with the phone far away. LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics