Big, big disappointment!!!...

Bighopes
on 10/2/15 5:29 pm - Canada

Hello everyone,

So I have been on opti-fast for a week, I started last Friday and was quite disappointed with the results... I don't know if I'm going to make it through another week at such bad results, I need some reassurance!!!

I weighed myself last Friday morning and did it again this morning, I've only lost 6 pounds! I've heard from people on this diet that they lose big numbers and I come up with such small one!! :(

I've been on different diets throughout my life and I have lost more than that with a balance diet eating and not starving as I am right now, I'm ready to throw away the towel with such great disappointment!!!!!!!

God I need help>>>>>>>>!

HKT53
on 10/2/15 5:46 pm - Toronto, Canada

Don't throw in the towel just yet. Stick with the opti. The main reason for options is to flush away fat from your liver. Your liver needs to be less fatty and light to move to one side to work laproscopically on your stomach. Now that your body is just starting to flush you may start seeing better results every day. Don't worry about what the scales say, your concern is just getting the opti down. Don't compare yourself to others. Another rule you need to put down in your books for post op. Sometimes at home I feel like Gibbs the character on NCIS. When you print out your rules

1 Proteins first

2 Never drink during your meals

37 Never be compulsive about weighing yourself

42. Never compare yourself to others

Cheers to your opti days may the time fly by

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Oh2BeMe
on 10/2/15 6:22 pm

Opti is not about losing weight. it is about flushing out fat from your system. I was on it for three weeks I did not cheat once, I lost 13 pounds while on Opti. Every body is different. worry about yourself, not about what other people have lost I am now 12 out of surgery and have lost close to 60 pounds. I dont care if someone has lost more than me at 12 weeks out. I feel fantastic and the surgeon is more than pleased with my results thus far.

B-Trix123
on 10/2/15 6:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

My average weight loss on Opti is approx. 4 lbs a week -- so 6 in a week is excellent. Not sure where you have heard bigger numbers. I have done Opti programme 2x before I did it for surgery. This is their Canadian website Q & A page http://www.optifast.ca/general.htmlhttp://www.optifast.ca/general.html

Sorry to hear you are starving. Usually the first 3 days are hard -- so should have been past this now.

What diet did you do losing more than 6lb in 7 days?? -- just curious.

After surgery, you should be prepared for stalls. I'm 7 weeks post op and haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks. Not thrilled, but sticking to it!

Nanato2
on 10/3/15 6:02 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Stop thinking of it as a diet Optifast it is to help you lose weight yes but mainly to help shrink your liver before surgery and when was the last time you lost 6 pounds in a week.

Who are these people that have said they have lost big numbers what king of big numbers are you talking about because 6 pounds is good.

Remember everyone loses weight differently you will find that after surgery as well some people lose fast others lose slow.

JUst make sure you are also drinking your water withe having your Opti it helps flush the system.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Chickenboob
on 10/3/15 6:34 am - Rockland, Canada

6 pounds is what I lost in the first week. I got stuck on it for 4 weeks, so if you have to do less than that you are lucky! LOL My total was 21 pounds, but my hospital roomy lost like 43 in 4 weeks. I was so mad, but you know what? People are right. IT's about shrinking your liver to make your surgery safer. I lost 8 the second week and then 7 the last two.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

roxytrim
on 10/3/15 8:03 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Oh bighopes...this is a long run play. WLS should be a lifelong committment. If you are already getting hung up on a week of a change you may want to search deep for your headspace going into this surgery. Think 5, 10 30 years down the road...that is what this lifestyle change is.

You will be fine - perhaps discipline yourself to stay away from the scales and weigh yourself once a month for the first year.

meowface
on 10/3/15 10:33 am - Canada

I did 3 weeks of optifast and lost 17 pounds in total. that's about 5.6 pounds per week. I couldn't tell you if I lost more on the first week vrs the second and third week because I didn't weigh myself. I started opti at 310 and went into surgery weighing 293.

I should add also the only reason I know how much I weighed before surgery was because I weighed myself the day before. I was not weighed the day of surgery. I thought that was kind of odd but whatever.

The best advice I can give you is STAY OFF THE SCALE!

Weigh yourself once a week if you really need to and do it on the same day (I weigh in on Sunday morning)

It took a long time for me to get this fat it's going to take a long time for me to get it off.

Here are my numbers, as of This Tuesday Oct 6 I am 6 weeks out of RNY:

Referral to the clinic - 328 // Opti start - 310 // Day of Surgery - 293 // Current weight as of Sunday Sept 27th 278 //

If you really think about it I've lost more on 3 weeks of opti then I have on 6 weeks out of surgery and I'm ok with that because it's all happening. Be patient and let it all take it's course.

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

KerryF.
on 10/3/15 4:43 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Bighopes, are you on opti as a diet or is it the pre-surgery prep. I kind of took from your post that you are actually doing the opti fast diet program. If you are my suggestion would be to talk to your centre about the results and take whatever advice they offer

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active
Recent Topics