What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 10/4/15 11:43 pm

Good morning everyone. Well once again that old insomnia bug bit me. I woke up at 2:00 and am hoping that I will be able to get back to sleep later. Right now I am wide awake and bursting with energy. So today starts the countdown to Thanksgiving. I will ask a few related questions. What WLS friendly Thanksgiving dishes do you plan to make, and what are you giving thanks for that you care to share. For me, I will be away next weekend, but I think I will make some sugar free cranberry sauce this week to have with turkey sandwiches made with P28 bread. As for what I am thankful for, just about everything. My life has changed so much since last year. I am active, stronger, calmer (thank you yoga) and excited about the future, most of which is directly due to WLS. I work very hard in the pool, at yoga and Zumba to try to be more fit, but I don't think I could have done any of that without WLS. Judging from how very sore all of my muscles are today, I worked it at Zumba yesterday.

Today it's swimming, errands, more laundry and a quiet night by the fire with DH.

1 year 2 months post op

B. Skinny cappuccino (drinking it now), later a Click decaf protein coffee

S. P28 protein toast with P28 caramel turtle cashew butter and a thin slices of apple on top

L. PC Blue menu roasted pepper tomato soup

S. Skinny decaf latte

D. Thinly sliced steak with peppers and onions

S. P28 toast

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

TanyaLH
on 10/5/15 3:44 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 yrs 4 months post op

steps 13367

Morning CC,

Sorry to hear insomnia got to you again.

Like you, I am thankful I was given the chance for WLS, everything has changed. Life is a lot more enjoyable now.

I am starting to get the hang of night shift sleeping...thankfully!

Hope everyone is well.

B GNC shake after blood work

L Bison burger all fixings no bun

S London Fog tea

D maybe some chili

S greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

Karen M.
on 10/5/15 3:52 am - Mississauga, Canada

So nice to see you, Tanya! I'm glad you're adjusting to the night shift - it sure takes time, doesn't it. Have a great day! :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 10/5/15 3:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

CC, I don't prepare anything for Thanksgiving (or any other holiday) that is specifically "WLS friendly" (other than homemade cranberries made with Splenda or stevia instead of refined sugar). Thanksgiving requires very simple navigation, since the main dish is a hunk of protein. So I have turkey and veg. Since I'm so far post-op, I've learned how to allow myself small indulgences on the day without going hog-wild. I use gravy on my turkey, have a couple of bites of stuffing (though I'm pretty sure I could eat the whole damn bowl of it if given enough time to pick at it LOL), a couple of bites of potato if I feel like it. One thing I am going to make this year is cauliflower mash - far fewer carbs and so yummy. What am I thankful for - saving specifics for T-day, but in short my life is truly blessed.

Off to work for the day, and evening actually, as one of my colleagues continues on sick leave. Hopefully home by 9:30 and then I suspect I'll decompress for a few minutes and head to bed! lol

9.5 years post-op

-coffee with cream x 4 or 5 over the day/evening -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana)

S - Greek yogurt, handful of grapes, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - crustless quiche, a few shots of Frank's, parm petals on top, nuked 'til melty

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2), horseradish-Dijon for dipping

D - good leftovers for the microwave @ work - 3-4 oz BBQ chicken breast sliced and topped with bruschetta mix and parm 'til melty, sprinkle of green onions on top; a few cucumber slices spread with herb & garlic cream cheese

Have a marvelous Monday!

K. :)

Karen

judyeliz
on 10/5/15 4:56 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Karen I have to tell you, I was thinking about you on the weekend. I ran out of my calcium chews. I do have liquid too, but I thought I would try to use up some of the, two bottles of tablets. I had bought. So I chopped the calcium tablet in half, and holy crap! It got stuck, and it hurt. Warm water helped to move in along. So I thought, this isn't going to work.... lets try Karen's method. So I crunched one up, and you know what, it wasn't that bad! No taste at all, just like eating dry powder. So now I won't be wasting the two bottles I have bought, and I will use them eventually. Thanks for the tip!

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Karen M.
on 10/5/15 7:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada

See? Sometimes you just have to "do watcha gotta do". LOL

Karen

Karen M.
on 10/5/15 3:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oops - I meant to ask you how you enjoyed The Intern?

Karen

Wenders8
on 10/5/15 4:05 am

good morning girls! I have been caught up in life and haven't been posting, but back at it today. I hope everyone has a great start to their week today. It's crisp but beautiful! I am trying to up my protein intake on advice of the np. Hopefully I can manage to get it all in.

3.5 months post op

b- broccoli/ red pepper/ onion crust less quiche

s- fruitblast protein drink

l- 1 c kale salad with a sprinkle of feta

s- 2 ham/ provolone/ pickle roll ups with spicy mustard to dip

d- 1/2 c bean salad, 1/2 chicken burger (no bun)

s- will try for another protein drink

Have a super Monday!

crqvingchange
on 10/5/15 7:42 am

The movie got a rating of "cute" from the girls. No big belly laughs really, but not bad. Fairly predictable.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 10/5/15 4:33 am

G'day everyone. Cc I don't intend to make anything special, just stic13k to protein and veg, a tiny piece of homemade apple cobbler with my decaf coffee afterwards. 7 bucks off pp shakes this week y'all.

13 months post op

b - gnc strawberry protein shake, decaf coffee

s - quest cinnamon protein bar

L - p28 bagel half with a cheese string

s - 1/4 cup cinnamon sprinkles roasted walnuts, tiny local apple picked yesterday afternoon

D - leftovers from the freezer, something hot

S - parmesan cheese petals made into "crackers" with a chili walnut in the middle of each one, omg this a nice combo!

all water and vits, have a good one!

Most Active
Recent Topics