What are you eating/doing today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 10/8/15 3:27 am

RNY 6 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go again today. Another night of insomnia to boot. Out with high school friends this evening for dinner

STEPS - 8891

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee and a Pumpkin Spice RTD protein drink - will let you know how I like it

S - Emma's hard parmesan - 1 0z

L - Leftover beef tenderloin - 2.5 oz with leftover grilled zuchinni

S - 3 slices of deli ham - blue menu

D - 6 oz swordfish or other white fish

few bites of veggies

1 small piece of warm bread with balsamic

1 glass of merlot

S - Source lemon greek yogurt

Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,311, Carbs - 61 Grams, Fat - 43 Grams, Protein - 118 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 10/8/15 3:47 am, edited 10/7/15 8:53 pm

Good morning everyone. Barb sorry that the insomnia bug bit you last night. I only got barely 5 hours of sleep in so I will be dragging my butt today.

Barb I hope you like the GNC Pumpkin Spice shake. As I posted yesterday, I found them to be less sweet tasting and the spice is very subtle.

Today it's swimming, packing for our trip up north, general household stuff, the furnace repairman is coming over this afternoon, then a quiet night at home.

1 year 2 months post op

B. GNC Pumpkin Spice shake (1/2 mixed into 2 large decaf coffees)

S. P28 protein bread toasted with a fried egg and a turkey sausage patty

L. Spicy black bean burger with fresh pico de gallo and a little cheese

S.Large decaf latte

D. Turkey slices with a little gravy and some sugar free cranberry sauce

S. P28 protein bread with some P28 cashew butter spread on top

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 10/8/15 4:04 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Anxious to know what you think of the shakes, Barb! Sorry about the insomnia :/

Off to work for another day of fun and frivolity, have to run an errand on the way home, not sure what else I'll get up to other than studying and hopefully an early night. I am so looking forward to the long weekend! For the first time in 7 years I said no to cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 40 or more at the local pub and I guess no one else stepped up (and apparently not the owners either) as it's been cancelled - I just don't have it in me this year. :(

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake (chocolate - bleah, tired of chocolate anything)

S - Source Greek (peach), a few grapes, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - leftover chicken stir fry with 2 Tbl. parm petals on top

S - 2 melba toast topped with herb & garlic cream cheese and cucumber slices

D - sausage and peppers (Andrew will have it on a bun, I'll skip the bun)

S - not sure yet

Have a good one,

K :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 10/8/15 4:29 am

Drinking the pumpkin spice now - its OK. Nice change. I like it equally to the vanilla. Banana and strawberry are OK and really dislike the chocolate GNC shakes

I had a ***** of a time finding a store that had the pumpkin spice in stock. I would purchase another 4 pack but I think thats it for me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/15 4:32 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

They were just due out for Thanksgiving so give it a week and they will be in every store. Ours still didn't have them last week but the manager told me by this weekend they'd be in. I am not a huge fan of them, I wish they were spicier so I doctored them up with some fresh nutmeg.

birdiegirl
on 10/8/15 4:36 am

Good idea re the nutmeg - I like spicy pumpkin taste too.

Zizzler
on 10/8/15 4:36 am

Good morning everyone. Saw my breath this morning, definitely cold! Kind of concerned about the cold, I feel it way more now, and last winter I had a lot more padding than now to keep me warm.

13 months post op

B - strawberry protein shake, decaf coffee

s - tiny local apple with a tbsp almonds

L - half a p28 bagel with low fat Swiss cheese

S - tiny local Apple with 1 tbsp almonds

d - homemade tomato soup with 1/4 of a p28 bagel toasted with low fat Swiss cheese and garlic powder

s - half a cinnamon quest bar

all water and vits, have a good one!

Patm
on 10/8/15 6:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. A little insomnia for me. Just awake a lot. At one point I read for a little which put me back to sleep.

A woman at church passed away. I am sad I can not go to her funeral next week. She was an amazing woman and such a large part of our church. I just can't justify the time off with the conference starting the next day.

Biking home today and out tonight at my woman's group. I think I volunteered to run it tonight. What was I thinking.

b greek yogurt, raspberries, go lean cereal

l chili, source yogurt

s pure protein bar

d quinoa stuffed pepper and salad

s 10 almonds

I must find a GNC. The pumpkin sounds good

LeeLeewaysin
on 10/8/15 7:31 am - Constance Bay, Canada

Back from an extra long girlz weekend in Vegas.....despite the extra indulgences I still managed to work out and got in over 20 000 steps daily....however the alcohol is probably what equated to my 2lb weight gain....although since my return is almost gone, no doubt it was water retention. I love that I am learning how to balance life and a healthy life style SANS GUILT!!!

B: Coffee, greek yogurt, protein cereal

S: protein cereal or a protein bar

L: 1/2 C of squash soup, 1oz of chicken, couple slices of avocado

S: protein bar or 1/2 cup of protein oatmeal cereal

D: 1C of chilli

Water and Vits

have a great day, good to be back logging my food intake again!

Orientation: September 21, 2012 Nurse: March 26, 2013 Behaviorist 1st Appt: May 1, 2013, Behaviorist 2nd Appt & Nutritionist: June 18, 2013, Meet Dr. Mamazza Sept 16, 2013 Surgery November 20, 2013

new_me180
on 10/8/15 9:33 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Afternoon all. Been MIA the last few days as i have a lot to do for school. Back to back assignments and quizzes and to say i'm overwhelmed is an understatement. Been missing meals at times too as i'm too busy to be bother to eat. I like tea though, maybe will put protein powder in there too. Hope everyone has been well.

B - 1.5 boiled eggs, coffee 5% with creamer

L - 1 cup garden salad, 3oz chicken breast

S - 1/2 cup edamame

D - 3oz pork, 1/3 cup green beans

S - 1/2 cup milk, 3oz veal

Totals: 854 cals, 35 carbs, 38 fat, 103 protein

Have a great day all, Nia.

Most Active
Recent Topics