Back From My First Week Long Business Trip - Great News!

Bob H.
on 10/9/15 6:09 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

I admit I was worried what it would be like being away for an entire week and having to do nothing but eating out, but as it turns out the concern was all for nothing. I was truly impressed because every restaurant that I went into, when I explained that I had specific dietary requirements was more than accommodating. The best part was since I was ordering meals that were not on the menu's, they didn't know how to price it so in most cases it was very inexpensive!

So if you have to travel and you are worried about eating out - all you have to do is ask - in most cases they knew what Gastric Surgery was and those who didn't were interested in learning about it! I even lost 4 pounds this week and I thought I ate more than I should have because I had no scale to weigh portions etc.

Cheers;

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

HKT53
on 10/9/15 6:32 pm - Toronto, Canada

I remember it was not too long ago you posted your concerns about traveling on business. Do you recall I told you not to worry. You did really great. Better than I ever did on my business trips. I used to worry about explaining my dietary requirements. Stay active and eat proper and you will be fine. Great to hear from you.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

MonaLisaSmile
on 10/9/15 8:05 pm - Canada

GREAT JOB BOB!!!

See nothing to worry about !

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Zizzler
on 10/10/15 4:41 am

Way to go Bob, excellent job!

IamBettyCooper
on 10/22/15 1:54 am

That is really encouraging. I have to travel for my work and have been worried about the post-surgery ramifications of that. Would you mind sharing some of your strategies on the road?

Most Active
Recent Topics