What are you doing/eating today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 11/19/15 1:54 am

RNY  6 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing this morning followed by lunch with my playing partners.  Home for dinner.

STEPS - 11, 004

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

2 eggs scrambled with 1 slice of sargento cheddar

L - 1 cup of tuna salad over salad greens and tomato slice

D - 4.5 oz swordfish with a hot pepper tapenade

4-5 grilled asparagus

S - Light and Fit Greek

2 TSP of Coffeemate sugar free peppermint mocha creamer

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,040,  Carbs - 20 Grams,  Protein - 99 Grams,  Fiber - 3 Grams

All water - 3 litres - decaf coffee and all vits

Have a great one  

birdiegirl
on 11/19/15 2:01 am

Also like to add some news I read re GNC Lean shakes.  Government here ( U.S.) cracking down on the supplement industry and its claims re amount of protein etc. 

GNC shakes were analyzed and found to contain 12 grams of protein VS the amount they claim.  Not sure if Premier was the same but they specially mentioned GNC being investigated for false info.

Wenders8
on 11/19/15 3:56 am

Good morning!  Have a great golf game today Barb!  The weather here today is warm but a bit gloomy.  I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep all day!! Hibernating season!  

b- fruitblast protein drink

s- apple pie greek yogurt

L- 1 cup kale salad with a dash of feta cheese- feta makes everything beta! Lol

s- 1/2 cup red pepper slices with a single serving of guacamole - gotta love Costco!

d- 3 turkey meatballs with 1/4 vegetarian bolognese sauce

All water and vitamins

mfp totals: 729 cals 60 g protein

happy Thursday!

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 6:19 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I read an article a few months ago about protein spiking and GNC was named as selling some of the products that spike the numbers but they came back with that their own brand of powder/shakes, etc are what they say they are.  Not sure if what you read/saw is specifically mentioning GNC brands or just the store in general.  Quite a few retailers were named in the article that I read.

birdiegirl
on 11/19/15 1:14 pm

It was specific to GNC, however they are still a good choice in my books.  However that's a considerable difference in protein numbers from what is quoted on the label.

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 1:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If they claim 25 and are only 12 then I wonder if the calories are off or if it's more carbs or fat than they claim otherwise numbers don't add up either.  I tried to find something specific to them this morning and the only thing I could find was an article in Forbes from May I believe it was and they mentioned a few stores with GNC being one of them but that the GNC products that are theirs were fine.  I wouldn't keep buying them if they truly are only 12 grams for that amount of calories.  Hopefully I can find something else online about it.

birdiegirl
on 11/19/15 2:01 pm

I heard it on the radio last week.  I remembered it of course as it mentioned the rtd lean shakes.  Cant remember the source it quoted

TanyaLH
on 11/19/15 5:46 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Morning ,

Enjoy golf today Barb!

Thanks for the info on the GNC shakes, my DH read about GNC products info not being true awhile ago. It's too bad because I like the shakes. I will continue to buy them for a quick fix.

Morning Wenders!

Just home from the gym and will be hanging Christmas light this morning before I head to bed.

B Taco salad minus the tacos!

S Noridca Smooth cottage cheese (Salted carmel )

L Turkey veg soup

D 2 eggs with onions and peppers coffee

S coffee, another smooth cottage cheese

be well everyone

Tanya

Patm
on 11/19/15 6:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb, enjoy your golf. The weather here is clearing up and certainly warm for November. Biking home tonight. Just charging a new light I bought. It is pretty dark by the time I get home. Only part I do not like. Swam yesterday. Can't get used to the free for all this pool is. I keep bumping people which annoys me. I feel restricted to the type of strokes. No back stroke. I like to change it up to give my arms and upper back a work out. I have to keep reminding myself this is only temporary.

I enjoyed the talk on incontinence last night at TWH. I didn't know they had physio for this. Lot of great info. However someone gave me some popcorn puffed chips. They are like crack. I finished the bag. They will never enter my house again

I wonder how CC is doing with her cold. Sounded like a nasty one.

b greek yogurt, 1/2 banana

s hummus and baby carrot

l chili, yogurt

s apple

d super 7 salad with left over smoked pork

s tea

cal 1063, carb 104, prot 91

new_me180
on 11/19/15 6:27 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Still sleepy this morning as i had to take two doses of gravol last night. I think i'll just stop taking it as it's making me sleepy without relieving the nausea. Long day at school today and will go home and try to relax and drink some tea.

2yrs post op

B - steel cut oats, 1tbsp pb

L - 1/3 cup zucchini noodles, 1/2 cup extra lean ground chicken

S - tea/coffee

D - 3oz pot roast, 1/3 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup rice

S - tea

Have a great day all, Nia

Most Active
Recent Topics