Surgery class complete and off to Guelph I GO !!!!!!

sfayad
on 11/26/15 7:27 pm - Canada

Great news just completed the surgery class completing the program in Windsor.  Now that it's complete my chart can be sent to Guelph for the remainder of my journey. 

So excited to be moving on and anxious to meet the surgeon and start the opti fast so I can have the RNY. 

Just want  to know what time of time frame  I am looking now that my file has been sent to Guelph. 

Please tell me your time line to get your surgery. 

Axious to find out how long before I get my surgery date. 

Thanks for all the support you great people give.  

Yes we are all in this program and are a family all going though our own experiences.  

Good luck to all. 

Sfayad 

sfayad
on 11/27/15 12:33 am, edited 11/26/15 4:45 pm - Canada

Hello members. : and to all that have taken the program in Windsor and have had their surgery in Guelph , I'm wondering what time line  it took you from your chart being sent from Windsor to seeing the dr.s starting your opti-fast  and time it took to finally have your surgery. 

Ive had my chart sent to Guelph and await like all before me to start the last legs of this surgery.  

I wait and thank you all for your comments and reply 

sfayad. 

Orientation class December 13/2015,nurse consult April /29/15 social worker May/08/15,nutritional class May/5/15,Dr. Appt June/15/15,cleared July/13/15

surgical class: Nov/26/15 and cleared for chart to Guelph. 

webbatweb
on 12/2/15 5:34 am

I had my orientation class on Jan 8 2015, nurse consult in March, social worker in March, dietician and second social worker in May, Dr appt in June, nutrition class end of June.  My file was sent on June 29 to Guelph from Windsor however as I went over the summer for vacation, I did not get my call to meet the surgeon until the end of August.  I met my surgeon the first week of September and had my surgery on Nov 4.  The most frustrating part for me was waiting for Guelph to call but all worth it in the end.  

Susan40
on 11/29/15 4:16 pm - Canada

I went through Windsor and wanted Guelph but my time Guelph was closed to new referrals due to back log.  I had to go to Toronto.  I finished surgery class in Windsor Jan 2015 and had my surgery on June 12, 2015.  Best of luck to you!!

ashy01
on 11/29/15 7:26 pm

Not from Windsor but I am currently going through guelph and the process is going very fast I had orientation July 30th at guelph and met the surgeon this past Friday and have scheduled surgery Jan 5th 2016 so you will probably meet the surgeon very soon!

sfayad
on 11/29/15 8:56 pm - Canada

Wow your right it's usually just under a year to go from orientation to surgery. Your much quicker. 

Good luck in your journey.  

S fayad

sfayad
on 12/3/15 12:40 pm - Canada

ANTICIPATION:

Now the waiting begins. I've completed the program in Windsor and have had my file sent to Guelph. 

As I read all your stories and all the success all that have come before me have received , I find that it's finally real. Don't know if it's because completing the program is so long and I finally see the last of the journey approaching. 

I know this is a new start into a more healthy me and for that I'm thankful. 

Please keep your stories coming as I do get inspiration from every story I read.  

Good-luck  to all in your journey.  

S FAYAD. 

Most Active
Recent Topics