HRRH...Do they ever call back??? EDIT!! They CALLED! I have ORIENTATION!!

inkedgirl73
on 11/25/15 7:19 am, edited 11/25/15 8:38 am - Canada

My dr sent my referral in last week.  I have heard stories on here of drs not doing it properly and they don't actually get the referral at the hospital.  so, for the past 3 days I have been calling.  The first time someone answered the phone and put me right through to voicemail when I told her I was just calling to confirm my referral was received.  so, I left a message with my question and contact info and I haven't heard anything.  anytime I call....right to voicemail.  I know patience is a virtue with the process, but it has already taken a year for me to get my dr to agree to send the referral.  and now more waiting. Gah!

Venting....sorry!  But do they EVER call  you back????

I guess being a nag paid off!!!  They called back and I have a date for Dec 10 for orientation!!!!Woo Hoo! I am excited!!!!

iluvlemon
on 11/25/15 8:43 am, edited 11/25/15 12:42 am
RNY on 01/18/16

Your docs referral should have been submitted electronically via the Ontario Bariatric Network website.  The doc referral goes there first and they send it on to the centre based on your postal code geographically.    Your 1st call would be to the OBN to be sure they rcvd the electronic referral...but I would confirm that's the way your doc actually did the referral. 
From my doc referral to my orientation in Guelph was about a month.   It was about 2 weeks before I got my letter scheduling my orientation appt.  Well there you go...congrats!!!!

@GUELPH GH*Orientation:Feb 26/15*RN:Mar 2/15*NUT&SW:Apr 13/15*NUT RN SW Jun 25/15*NUT Jul 30/15*Surgeon list Sept 30/15*Post Op Nut Class Nov 16/15*Appt wi surgeon Dr Natasha P-Hong Nov 20/15*PATTS Jan 5/16 745am*Start Opti Jan 4/16*Surgery January 18/16 Dr Jules 1030am*

Laura M.
on 11/26/15 8:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

Congratulations on finally getting through to them!  I went for my bloodwork this morning because my doctor won't send in my referral without it. I will be following up with my doctor by Monday to ensure she has sent in the referral. Can't wait to get a date set for orientation!

Most Active
Recent Topics