Cravings!!!

tlj1974
on 11/27/15 5:01 pm

OMG the cravings I am having are crazy.  A week and a half post op, 3 weeks on Opti and I am going crazy.  I know I can't eat any of it but how do you get past this.

crqvingchange
on 11/28/15 5:36 am

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time.  At a week and a half post op there is not much you can do except use distractions to take your mind off the cravings, make sure you are getting in all your fluids.  This is a tough time but you'll get through it.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Canadajet
on 11/28/15 5:51 am

This may be a little crazy but I imagine eating the food and then my pouch exploding.  I tell myself not worth it.  I knit, croche****ch terrible tv walk around the house, read and go online. Until I have more energy I will be walking to takemymind off food.  I remember at my orientation the dietician saying one death.  That person at a slice of pizza one week post op.  Life is too precious to allow food to consume you.

Hope me this helps and there are many suggestions throughout the forum.  

All the best 

White Dove
on 11/28/15 1:30 pm - Warren, OH

There is nothing crazy about imagining your pouch exploding.  It is stapled together and overeating can cause it to break open and leak.  That is an emergency that can result in death.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics