Crockpot - I'm beginning to think it's just a crock!

B-Trix123
on 2/1/16 11:18 am - Toronto, Canada

Bought a crockpot shortly after surgery and have tried 3 or 4 things like Chicken Salsa, Chicken Dijon and a pork tenderloin dish. Wondering if I don't have the technique down because most stuff tastes bland -- maybe from low sodium. I add salt after it's cooked, but just end up with a freezer full of unappetizing little containers that I am forcing myself to eat so as to not be wasteful.

Are there slow cooker recipes you have used post of that you love?

Monica9811
on 2/1/16 11:41 am - Peterborough, Canada

Have you tried looking here?

Ontario Recipes  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

B-Trix123
on 2/1/16 12:00 pm - Toronto, Canada

Not sure whether it's my browser (Mozilla Firebox) but I am not finding an easy search mechanism on the recipes that page. Looks like the last post was Oct. 2014.

SilverSkyes
on 2/1/16 12:01 pm - Toronto, Canada

One of my fave recipes is salsa chicken.  I put about 4-6 boneless skinless breasts in. Cover with a large jar of salsa and set it on low. Go back about 5 hrs later. Make sure chicken is fully cooked. Then spread with 2 forks. Add a can of drained corn and a can of drained of well rinsed black beans   Stir it all up.  Let it cook another hour. Then eat just like that, over rice. Or in a corn tortilla. You can also add a bit of cheese and/ or sour cream or guac

Referral May 2015. Orientation @ HRRH July 2015.  Meeting with Dr.Klein Jan 28 2016. Trio April 22 2015. Dr.Glazier April 7 2016. Final meeting with Dr.Klein May 24 2016. SURGERY June 15 2016

B-Trix123
on 2/1/16 12:30 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks -- the recipe I followed didn't include corn or black beans. Maybe I can add some on to my individual servings to see if that will do the trick!

inkedgirl73
on 2/2/16 6:41 am - Canada

sounds good!  Will have to try that one!

tlj1974
on 2/1/16 1:55 pm

How do you join this site?

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 3:22 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Click on the link and then hit JOIN

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 12:23 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I hate the texture of meat in the slow cooker other than a really fatty pot roast.  The leaner the mean, the worse the texture is after it slow cooks all day. I've thrown away more crock pot meals than I've kept.

The recipe forum that Monica posted is easy to navigate but you have to join it then click on Discussions and there are threads for all kinds of recipes.  We kept all the beef together, pork together, etc.  I think there is one just for crockpot recipes but not 100 percent sure as that ie one thread I'd have nothing to add to.

B-Trix123
on 2/1/16 12:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

All the meat I've been using is pretty lean - so thanks for that tip. Glad I got a great deal on the friggin' pot ($18) if it's going to be in a yard sale. I am cooking for one -- so big quantities aren't really a goal for me.

I did sign up -- sometimes my browser shows thing differently than Internet Explorer or Google gold.

Most Active
Recent Topics