What are you eating /doing today FRIDAY!!

Patm
on 4/22/16 6:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

good morning all. Busy day today. Cardiologist appointment. Got to love those echo stress tests. Tonight I am going to Casa Loma for a room escape event. A bunch of people from work are going. Some of us are going out to dinner. The only problem is they have not decided where. So I am waiting to hear from them so I can check the menu

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l chili, yogurt

s cheese string

d ?

Ginnny
on 4/22/16 6:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi all, would like to hear from the vets. Am I taking in too many calories? I'm a week and a half post op ð?¤"

Yesterdays totals: 

calories 822

carbs 34

protein 110 

Patm
on 4/22/16 7:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am surprised you are able to consume so many calories at this point. Most people are having a lot less. What does a typical day look like?

Ginnny
on 4/22/16 7:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Yesterday:

B - source Greek yogurt, premier protein

S- 2 oz applesauce with 1 tbsp protein powder

L - 2.5 oz curry chicken

S - 30 gr old cheddar

D - 2.5 oz shepperds pie

S - premier protein 

Zizzler
on 4/22/16 2:15 pm

It is really surprising to me that you can eat this much at 1 week post op. Did you have rny or sleeve? At 1 week I was still on mostly liquids and pureed food and could only eat 2 tbsp. of pureed at a time, but everyone is different.  Right now at 20 months I average about 1000 calories per day. Are you experiencing any discomfort or pain? If you are concerned you should call your centre and ask them what they think.  Having said that your menu looks excellent protein-wise so good for you for that. 

Ginnny
on 4/22/16 3:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Ziz! 

I had RNY on the 11th. 

I'm not having any issues or discomfort. I don't know maybe I heal quickly. I don't have any of the fatigue that others talk about and I walk the dogs everyday at least 2 kms a day right now. 

I probably could have gone back to work this week but I'm taking the time allotted to me. 

I get in 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day in addition to the other fluid I get in my diet. 

I did call the hospital today after the concerning posts of others and she said I'm doing fine and not to worry. 

I could probably cut out a protein shake but the binder says I should have 2 a day. I don't really like putting the protein powder in my food cuz it does have a taste and prefer to eat dense protein (even if it is puréed).

who knows maybe my weight loss will be slow. Only time will tell.  I only weigh and record my weight on Monday morning so we'll see in a few days.

Thanks for your input. 

Karen 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Zizzler
on 4/23/16 4:14 am

It sounds like you are a quick healer, that is really awesome!  If your centre is not concerned then that is what matters, they are the experts.  I remember at one week not being sure either so I called my centre and they told me all was well.  You are very wise not to weigh more than once a week, the scale can play mind games with you if you weigh too often.  Regarding the rate of weight loss everyone is different although people who have more to lose tend to lose quicker.  I was a slow loser myself and it can be frustrating to see people who have lost so much more than you.  Try not to compare yourself to others, your journey will be unique for you and that is ok.  Hope you keep posting, I am enjoying your comments. :0)

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/16 6:01 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I am surprised at some of the choices at 11 days out.  Chicken, cheese and shephard's pie were not allowed for me those first two weeks.  Not sure if your centre allowed you to move up stages quicker or what. Am guessing the chicken and shephard's pie are pureed?

I could drink to my heart's content and felt nothing for months but was told to stick to the guidelines since we have no real feelings inside for the first while.  I see below you called your centre and they aren't concerned so I'd keep doing what you are since they are okay with it.  Each centre is so different that it's hard to know what is right or what is wrong.

Ginnny
on 4/22/16 6:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Yes Tracy moved to the stage 2 diet of puréed after week one. 

The chicken and shepperds pie is puréed. 

I know what your saying about every centre being different and i think it must depend on who you talk to in the office as well. 

I'll be sure to keep an eye on things and go back to liquid if I have any issues. 

ready-4-new-start
on 4/22/16 7:53 am - Canada

We had surgery the same day, I'm getting about 300-400 Calories per day.. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Most Active
Recent Topics