Over the Optifast hump

fasteddy
on 4/26/16 8:11 am

Hi everyone, I'm into the final week of the Optifast plan (2 weeks). It really hasn't been bad at all. If you have ever has protein shakes, Isogenics etc you know the taste and learning not to let you glass dry before washing.

I am finding the vanilla and chocolate to be not bad with the chocolate being the favourite. Adding a bit of instant decafe on occasion taxes like Coffee Crisp bars.

For those who haven't yet started, I found the trick to not being hungry is keep drinking. Think about food...drink water...smell something cooking..drink water and remove yourself. 

Looking forward its hard to believe this time next week I will be in surgery. 

Looking forward on a slightly different topic...people refer to the puree stage, I don't see that on my information books. Are you referring to the stage after clear liquids or the soft food stage?

Also, when did most start drink the protein shakes that are mentioned in this forum as part of their plan?

Ed

Ginnny
on 4/26/16 8:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Depends on what hospital you are at. 

TWH has 2 weeks full liquid then 2 weeks puréed then soft food. 

I started protein shakes the day I came home from the hospital. You need them to meet protein goals 

Patm
on 4/26/16 9:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If you have plain protein powder try to mix it into everything you eat. I know one person who measured out a days worth and just kept adding it to things

fasteddy
on 4/26/16 9:52 am

Where can you get plain powder? Somewhere like GNC?

Patm
on 4/26/16 9:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Or Bulk Barn. Then you can try a little and see if you like it. Just remember to buy whey protein. GNC and some of the other places will take it back if you do not like it

fasteddy
on 4/26/16 9:54 am

Never thought of bulk barn.

thanks for the info

sneezy6145
on 4/26/16 7:41 pm

For my puree stage I bought a bunch of baby food. I don't see myself blending food for a week. I did buy it in the US because we have baby food, meats, down there.  For some reason I couldn't find it here in Canada. I got chicken, turkey, beef and ham. All low fat and high protein. If you're interested in looking online, Gerber is the company I bought from. They may sell online.

fasteddy
on 4/26/16 8:32 pm

Thats great to hear, I wondered about baby food. Just by chance I'm in the US this weekend!!!

sneezy6145
on 4/27/16 2:51 am

I was there this past weekend.  Happy shopping.  It felt weird buying baby food for myself, lol.  Just so you know, I did specifically ask about the babyfood at my trio appointments and they said baby food was fine to eat.

northernga1
on 4/27/16 1:49 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

i ordered my unflavoured protein from a canadian company it had 27 grams of protein per scoop and it really didnt have any flavour i couldnt tell i added it to anything it was the best http://www.canadianprotein.com/100-whey-protein-isolate-2lbs.html

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics