Prolonged QT

PhoenixNS
on 4/29/16 10:44 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I'm still going through the process. I'm coming up to Class 2 at the Ottawa WMC, but things have kind of stalled as they are concerned that I have a heart QT that is slightly too borderline and they want to investigate further.

I have read that a prolonged QT is quite frequent in obese patients and that weight-loss surgery can help with the condition.

Have any of you been diagnosed with a prolonged QT?

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/16 4:15 pm

Hi There

I'm in Ottawa as well and just getting started.   I had 3 tests in Feb. at Ottawa Heart Inst. unrelated to WLS.  It was to check my heart as I have breathing issues when standing or walking.  My doc just wanted to make sure it was not heart related.  Ultrasounds of heart and arteries were clear.  I haven't received the results from the monitor I wore.  From that I have no doubt my blood pressure will show a huge rise when I walked or stood too long.  A Heart doc mentioned that breathing issues are possibly due to what was seen in a lung xray.  My lungs appear short due to surrounding excess fat preventing my lungs from inflating and deflating normally.   

Sorry for digressing.  I'm not sure if QT has any relationship but I hope it doesn't delay things for you.  

When my blood pressure was measured lying, sitting, standing there was a huge jump when I stood.  Of course if I don't lose the weight the condition won't improve.  

Good luck I hope you get some answers soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics