Breakfast

babyjoesunshine
on 5/5/16 1:35 pm - Burlington, Canada

Hi everyone,

6 years out for me !  maintaining pretty good.  Was looking to get some breakfast ideas as I do not have much time in the morning for breakfast as I start work much earlier now, but find that lately I have been having a breakfast bagel or sandwich..... what are your quick morning favourites and would love some info/advise on morning protein shakes...........

Thanks all !

Tracy a.k.a Babyjoesunshine

Monica9811
on 5/6/16 3:54 am - Peterborough, Canada

Weekdays I eat Greek yogurt with a bit of protein cereal in it. If I'm on the fly I grab a protein bar. Hopefully others will chime in on shakes!  Good luck. 

NorthernStar
on 5/6/16 6:34 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I do smoothies occasionally but they're not always as filling and can be higher carb. I start with half a frozen banana (sliced), some almond milk, greens (usually spinach or kale), some Greek yogurt and another fruit, usually frozen berries. There's really unlimited combinations. You can easily add a scoop of protein powder to up the protein content.

Lately I love mini omelettes made in a muffin tin. I make them on the weekend and have them all week. Eggs, egg whites, a bit of low fat cheese and any veggies you like. Even crumble a bit of bacon. Easy, quick and yummy.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

jaimbeth
on 5/8/16 7:03 pm

Think outside the box. You can do a lot with eggs. Make a quiche when you have time. One serving would be a good breakfast and easy to eat cold. Omelets, scrambled, poached. Wrapped in a tortilla with chopped veggies makes a great egg burrito.

~Jaime~

Most Active
Recent Topics