Innohep injections?

Eragon2015
on 5/22/16 12:36 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

just wondering if anyone remebers how much the injections were? Trying to put a cost together for next week, i pick up opti and have surgery on june 20th. TIA

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

GentleDomenic
on 5/22/16 6:01 pm - Canada

$220 for 8 

LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 7:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

What is Innohep Injections and do all have to have them?

Spenceymommy
on 5/23/16 9:10 am

Leslie it's a blood thinner.  Not everyone has to do them. I only did them when I was in hospital as I was there two nights 3 days

marielewis
on 5/24/16 3:59 am

I was less than 110 kilos amd mine were about $80 

Carchick28
on 5/24/16 7:46 am - Canada

My understanding is that they are covered under a health plan if you have one.  I think you could call the pharmacy at the hospital where you will get them and I am sure that they will be able to tell you the exact cost.  You don't get them when you buy your Opti you get them when you are being discharged from the hospital.  You have the same surgeon as me but my surgery is the following week from yours.  I could have done it sooner but my schedule did not work out that way.  Good Luck. 

GentleDomenic
on 5/24/16 8:10 am - Canada

Just a follow up to my post 

I was at Humber and my starting weight was 293.5lbs

i had 2 shots in the hospital and had to buy 8 more (10 days total)

I have a plan with Great West Life but it was not covered.(Blood thinners are excluded)

i had to pay $220 for 8 shots out of pocket. I used the Rexall in the hospital as whe I called my pharmacy they said they need to order it and due to the important nature of these shots I should get them at the hospital pharmacy 

Carchick28
on 5/24/16 11:48 am - Canada

I am going to check with my insurance to see if they cover it but I have heard of some plans covering them.  The nurse told me during my meeting with her that it was best to get the drugs at the pharmacy at the hospital because most other places they have to be ordered.  So I guess she was right.  Always good to be prepared. :-) 

lizz122964
on 5/24/16 7:06 pm

Hi there, I'm with sunlife insurance and they are covered for me. I actually put my prescription into Costco today, they had to order them but they will be in tomorrow. 

Most Active
Recent Topics