Whats next?

Starnaenae
on 5/23/16 4:16 pm

I had my ortientatuon in november 2015 then met with the nurse in feb 16. Im meeting with nutritionist and psychologist on may 30 16 then nurse again june 7. What appts are after this. All at toronto western. I feel like this is taking a very long time between appts. 

nitethyme
on 5/24/16 3:47 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 12/18/15

Hi there, it took a year and 9 days to have my surgery at TWH and yes it does often feel like a long time but the wait will be worth it. You will have a meeting with a social worker, have a nutrition class and then meet the surgeon, after that will be the pre-op where you will meet with a NP, the Anesthesiologist and get some blood done. Good luck with everything.

Referral: September 2014; TWH Orientation: December 9, 2014; Social Worker: March 2015; Nutrition Class: May 5,  2015; Nurse Practitioner: May 20, 2015; Psych Evaluation: August 2015; Nutritionist: September 2015; Meet the Surgeon: November 6, 2015; Pre-Op: December 4, 2015; Scheduled Surgery: December 18, 2015; HW 367; SW 341

Starnaenae
on 5/24/16 3:49 am

Thank you so much. I kind of start feeling discouraged at times because of the amount of time it takes to get these appointments. So basically, all i have left after Monday (Social Worker and Nutritionist) is the Surgeon appt. Good to know!

Teena D.
on 5/24/16 4:31 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

They must be changing it a bit- When I went to my orientation on April 18th, i received the dates for the next 3 appointments. I see the social worker in June, the nurse practitioner in July and my nutrition class is in August.  I've also wondered what comes next, and if I have to wait for my nutrition class before they schedule other appointments for me. I'm hoping not!  It does seem to be a very long process. But well worth the wait.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Starnaenae
on 5/24/16 4:33 am

Definitely worth the wait... i quit smoking started at a gym... looking forward to what the future holds, but i feel like the unknown as to when the surgery will be is making it very tough.. i think once i have a firm date, it will make the anticipation much less

Dundreggen
on 5/24/16 9:43 am - Canada

Hey we might have been in the same orientation group!  I think appointments kinda happen depending on what they want to look into for you.  I just finished all my appointments earlier this month.  For me I am glad as it has taken a while to really decide this is right for me.

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

LeslieT3440
on 5/24/16 10:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I had my orientation in April 2015 and am just now meeting the surgeon on July 22 2016. I will be buying my Optifast at this appointment. It is a very long process but good because it prepares us for after the surgery and life we will have to live after.

I have a friend who had her surgery done in 1999 and it was not like this she just had a referral from her family doc and the surgery was done 2 mos later no work up NOTHING. She now wishes she would have had the counseling and support the program now offers, she struggled a lot for the 1st 3 years. Her experience is what has slowed me down from making the decision to having the surgery but I did a lot of research and found there has been a lot of changes and improvements since then with much more success. They also did not do the surgery through Laparoscopic then it was an open incision and much longer recovery. 

This process has helped me to feel more confident with doing this and helped me see that I am making the best choice to the beginning of a healthier life.

I wish you the best and hope you don't get too frustrated with all the waiting( I have to mind myself a lot to be patient :-) ) I am the type when I want something I want it now lol.    

The time goes by faster than we think.          

Most Active
Recent Topics