Pre-op nesting phase?!

Laura M.
on 5/24/16 7:45 pm, edited 5/25/16 5:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

I'm almost two weeks into Opti and a bit over a wee****il surgery. For the past several days I've been on a massive purging streak! I have gotten more done around the house in the last 3 days than I have in the last 6 months! Lol

A friend of mine asked how I was doing while prepping for surgery. When I told her I felt like I was in a nesting phase (like you get right before you giving birth), she said she went through the same thing. She hasn't had this surgery but has prepped for several others and said she's gone through this phase with several of them. I was not expecting this!

Has anyone else had this burst of energy at the end? I've tossed out stuff I've held onto for years, sold stuff I was still using cuz I decided I don't need it anymore, bought some new furniture, etc. My house looks awesome and still much more I want to do. I'm hoping to fini**** all before surgery next Friday!

In case you wondering...I'm not bothered by any of this, I'm loving this bonus stage!!! Lol  ;)

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

Glimmer78
on 5/25/16 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada

I'm going through the same thing and love it!  I added 2 new gardens last week and plan on staining the back deck this week. Today is making a few different soups that can be blenderized for after surgery. Good luck on your upcoming surgery 

Referral-Feb/15, Orientation HRRH-May 29/15, Dr. Hagen-Dec. 14/15, Sleep study-Dec. 16/15, Trio app't-Feb. 2/16, Follow-up SW & RD-Mar.14/16, Dr. Glazer-Mar. 30/16, Dr. Hagen - May 3/16, Surgery - June 6/16

Laura M.
on 5/25/16 5:47 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

This coming weekend will be gardening (if the weather holds up)! What a great idea about the soups!!!  Will do that too!  I found the Wendy's Chili recipe I keep hearing about so I think I will make that and freeze it into small portions too for post-op! Isn't this phase fun?!  I have so much energy and I'm getting so much accomplished!

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

wiccandove
on 5/25/16 6:26 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Where is the wendys chilis recipe?

Laura M.
on 5/25/16 6:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

I found this on another forum when I did a search so any comments on it aren't mine!  I have not made this yet.  Still 9 days away from surgery but I'm thinking about making it and freezing to eat after surgery!

Wendy's Chili Recipe

Here is the "Top Secret Recipe" version of Wendy's Chili. It's delicious. I used a can of peeled tomatoes and canned chili peppers instead of fresh ones.

2 lbs. ground beef

one 29 oz. can tomato sauce

one 29 oz. can kidney beans (WITH liquid)

one 29 oz. can pinto beans (WITH liquid)

one cup diced onion (1 medium onion)

1/2 cup diced celery (1 stalk)

3 medium tomatoes, chopped

2 diced chili peppers

2 teaspoons cumin powder

3 tablespoons chili powder

1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt

2 cups water

1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
  2. Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-sized pieces.
  3. In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours. (I just cooked it in a crock pot over several hours.)

Makes about 12 servings.

Tidbits: For spicier chili, ad 1/2 teaspoon more black pepper. For much spicier chili, add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and a tablespoon of cayenne pepper. And for a real stomach stinger, add 5 or 6 sliced jalapeno peppers to the pot.

Leftovers can be frozen for several months.

wiccandove
on 5/25/16 8:59 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

So people eat this during the puree stage? Do you need to blend it up more? 

Laura M.
on 5/25/16 9:23 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

I'm not positive on the specifics because I'm not at that point yet.  I'm not sure if I will tolerate all of those ingredients at the pureed stage so I will be waiting until the 4th week when I can introduce regular food.  Also, every clinic is different.  Mine wants me to wait until the 6th or 7th week to introduce most meats so I will be taking things slow. I also have other digestive issues to begin with so I will be using this as an opportunity to narrow down some of my other needed restrictions. But the idea of eating a yummy, flavourful chili sounds so appealing right now as I sip on my Opti! lol

NorthernStar
on 5/25/16 3:03 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I had this too. It's a great way to handle  nervous energy. You will be glad of it when you're first out of surgery and tired. It's nice to have your home extra clean and clutter free. 

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Laura M.
on 5/25/16 9:49 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

As long as my daughter doesn't every time I turn my back, I should be able to keep it clean (fingers crossed) so less stress post-op. As for nervous energy, I know that's what it's usually called but I'm actually not nervous at all! I'm just excited!

Most Active
Recent Topics