Almost at one year and plastic surgery question

Susan40
on 5/24/16 7:46 pm - Canada

Hi Everyone,  I am just 3 weeks shy of hitting my one year anniversary of my RNY. I was 316 when I started optifast and today I am 170.  I couldn't be happier!  The weightloss has definitely slowed down but I'm still hoping to get down another 10 or 15lbs.  If I don't, I am completely happy where I'm at.  My goal when I started was to reach 175 and I have passed that.  

I have plastic surgery booked for September and I'm really excited and nervous.  I am Having a fluer de lis tummy tuck and an arm lift.  My question is...for all you's that have already had plastics how much weight was lost in the removal of skin?  Just looking for an average.... I know everyone is different!  

Thanks for reading and good luck to you all!! 

sk8muffsmom
on 5/25/16 4:53 am - Canada

Congrats on your weight loss. 

I had a very large hanging pannus & breast lift and reduction.  The surgeon removed 13 lbs from my tummy & 2 lbs from the breast.

We all carry our weight differently and this was after a 100 lb + weight loss & 3 large babies. A year later I had a thigh lift and tummy revision that tighten things up even more, which was less than 3 lbs together.

Good Luck ...... it has made a huge difference in my life. :)

Susan40
on 5/25/16 5:28 am - Canada

Thanks so much!! What was your thigh lift like? Do you have scars down your legs or are they hidden?  Thigh and boobs will be next :).  

sk8muffsmom
on 5/25/16 7:15 am - Canada

Thighs, not bad at all but I seem to have a high tolerance to pain..... tummy tuck muscle repair was ok (usually that's what people complain the most about) so maybe I'm not the best person to compare by. Scar for thighs are an insteam from groin to mid thigh, I'm lucky that it was only the inner upper thighs that were bad & my arms are small so no real need for them. ( I was shaped like Humpty Dumpty)lol....

Would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Leslie W.
on 5/25/16 5:32 am - Cobourg, Canada

I had 5 lbs wiith tt and a 1 lb off each arm. Unfortunately the scale doesn't show. The muscle repair is whhaat took the longest to go. Inveest in a high toilet seat and lots of pillows

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Susan40
on 5/25/16 5:49 am - Canada

Thank you!!  Did you have both procedures done at the same time? My surgeon said he does them routinely however a couple of people who have had their tummy and breasts done have said they can't imagine having had their arms done at same time as tummy.  What was your recovery like?? Hell? Lol

Leslie W.
on 5/25/16 3:41 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I had fleur de lys TT. In another procedure did breast lift, arms, and thigh lipo. Doing arms and TT would be challenging as getting up and down, even sitting on toilet was hard. Not being able to use arms would be a challenge. The muscle work on abd was very sore. Absolutely hated the drains. Had them out as soon as I could then ended up with seroma. Had a couple openigs- one at 't' junction and 1 below bellybutton.  Was soree for awhile. Arms not bad. Had small opening in one armpit. More nerve type pain.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
RellaLynn
on 5/27/16 1:37 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 05/11/15

If you don't mind me asking, is your surgery being covered by OHIP?  I still have a bit of weight to lose, but am thinking ahead and would love to get rid of the loose skin.  Just don't know if I can swing the cost on my own...

Thanks.

Susan40
on 5/27/16 1:58 pm - Canada

Hi there,  I was hoping to have some of my tummy tuck covered by OHIP however after a few phone calls the few Dr's in my city that work with OHIP had either huge wait times (4 years) or really strict guidelines (only did tummy tucks during cooler months).  I decided I wanted it done sooner then later... So I am paying out of pocket :(.  I hear the wait times aren't as bad in other cities.  Best of luck to you! 

RellaLynn
on 5/30/16 6:21 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 05/11/15

Thanks!  Good luck with your surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics