What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)?

Zizzler
on 5/26/16 2:29 am

Good morning everyone.  Big news!  So I decided to start dating again a week ago after nearly 8 years of not being interested.  I joined 2 dating sites and so far have met 8 people over the last 5 days.  I have to say online dating is different, but it has been nice to meet new people.  Out of the 8 nearly all I would consider being friends with almost all, 2 I would date again.  I can't explain how brave I have been feeling for doing this.  The first date I was so nervous and the guy did not show up, I nearly said screw it but persevered.  Dating in your 40s is definitely different, most people have children or are pretty set in their ways.  Anyways, it has been interesting and I am writing a little journal about my experiences, its is kind of fun (usually).  I am meeting 3 more people in the next few days for fun stuff.  I have been doing activities I like anyways when meeting them, that way even if there is no interest I am having fun.  Only thing I am nervous about it my extra skin and telling people about my surgery and previously being morbidly obese.  So far I have not told anyone about it but I have only had one meeting with each.  For those who have told their dates, when did you do so? Also, any tips or suggestions in general would be welcome.

Today I have a medical appointment this morning, then working on an assignment and cleaning.  Tonight the gym, hot yin yoga, then singing.  We have our year end fundraiser concert on Sunday so I need the practice. 

21 months post op

b - gnc lean protein shake (banana) used as a creamer for decaf coffee

s - small handful of almonds

l - greek food - chicken or pork souflaki with tsatziki, garlic sauce, and greek salad

s - "English muffin" made of a local free range egg, flaxmeal, and baking soda.  SF walden maple syrup and margarine on top

d - protein shake at the gym,

s - small handful of almonds....later decaf coffee while singing

All water and vits. Have a nice day everyone.  Hugs to you Cc if you are reading this, I am thinking of you :0)

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Teena D.
on 5/26/16 4:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good for you on the dating! I'm sure online dating must feel like a whole new world.

Can I make 1 small suggestion- and it's just a suggestion - but try replacing marg with butter- they're usually the same amount of calories but butter is so much better tasting and better for you in my humble opinion. :):)

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Zizzler
on 5/26/16 4:56 am

Hi daizymom, thanks for your reply.  Dating has been interesting for sure, it feels good to know that people want to meet me.  Having had surgery it s a little more awkward in a way, I think "If I were 300lbs would this person be interested?" or even "If this person knew about my past obesity and extra skin would he still be interested?".  Then I think would I be interested in someone with the same?  It is all very confusing.  For now I am content to just date and have fun, not in a hurry to get super serious or anything. 

Thanks for the suggestion re butter, I totally agree butter tastes better.  What I like about margarine is that it stays spreadable when in the fridge.  I use "I cant believe its not butter", which is a lot closer to the real thing.  I have butter in the freezer and will use it for cooking as it does taste better as you say.

Teena D.
on 5/26/16 12:40 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I think that's great - it's always good to get out of our comfort zone. I can totally understand where you're coming from though- I'm sure I'd be wondering those same things.  I feel fortunate not to have to worry about that - I've been married to the same guy for 20 years- when we started dating, I was 180 lbs and thought I was a whale! Now, 20 years later, and 3 kids  I'm more than 100 lbs heavier.  

I used to have a problem with butter going bad all the time. I kept it in a plastic butter dish. I now keep it in a glass dish on my counter (just enough for a few days for our family of 5) and haven't had a problem since.  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Zizzler
on 5/26/16 6:14 pm

Good idea re the butter, I might give that a try, thanks.

Ginnny
on 5/26/16 5:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

6 weeks post-op

Good morning!  And woohoo! So exciting to be dating again!  Good for you!!

Today I have my post surgery follow up at the Bariatric Centre in Windsor.  It's with the nutritionist and then the dr.  Not sure if its one on one with the Nut or a group.  Interested in what they have to say about my menu.

Tonight is baseball!  Looking forward to running around!

Todays eats:

B - 1 egg western omelet with a smidge of ketchup and a cheese slice

S - yogurt

L - 3 deli turkey slices and a 21 gr. cheese snack

S - 3 egg whites (HB)

D - taco beef with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa

S - protein shake

Cal 801, Carbs 17, Protein 94

Have a great day everyone!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 5/26/16 5:08 am - Canada

Good morning :) 

Today we are finally moving my aunt into long-term care. In part this eases my mind that she will have the care she needs, but after visiting the place yesterday I left feeling so depressed. It is a sad place to be. I'm hoping she can stay positive and maybe we can eventually move her to a home closer to us when a bed becomes available.

Breakfast - ham, yogurt

Snack - cheese, nuts 

Lunch - pepperette, tomato, crackers

Snack - chicken, pickles

Snack - carrots and pb

Dinner - pork and veg

Snack - protein cake

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 5/26/16 5:20 am

Sorry to hear about the situation with your Aunt.  At least she is getting the health care she needs, and she will be around people in the same or similar situation, she might feel less alone in her troubles eventually.  I hear so many stories about people *****fuse to go into a care facility and they find them dead in their home, alone.  I always think that is sad, they could have been cared for and maybe not suffered as much, you know?  Or their family is constantly worried they will fall and hurt themselves, etc.  I am sure that with time she will adjust, studies have shown that after the initial adjustment of a year or so parapelegics are just as happy as before they become paralyzed.  Strange but true.  Anyhow, she is lucky to have a family that cares about her, it is more than many have.

Patm
on 5/26/16 6:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Zizzler that is really brave of you to try the dating. It is definitely a new world out there.

As for butter or margarine. Use whatever you like. I personally have used margarine for at least 50 years. First corn oil then becel. I sometimes bake with butter but do not prefer the taste.

Out tonight to my women's group. They are gardening. I will probably not so much. We are having a book and bake sale for an orphanage in Zimbabwe coming up that I am running. We have supported them before but right now there is a drought and in dire need of water. So I will go to get this organised. 

b greek yogurt, strawberry/rhubarb

l chili, salad, yogurt

s 1/4 cup smoked chick peas, baby bel

d hamburger with cheese no bun, salad

s laughing cow, crackers

Monica9811
on 5/26/16 7:44 am - Peterborough, Canada

Good for you Ziz!  Its nice to have someone interested in us.  I am really noticing 3 years out that I am getting a ton of attention from the guys and my husband is also noticing it.  I don't know what has changed or if they think I should be single or wish I was single.  I guess cause I get along with the guys so well that they want to hang out with me.  I am actually golfing with a guy this afternoon just because he asked and I am nice lol.  But it does feel good to know that others are noticing because I definitely don't get that attention at home. 

Most Active
Recent Topics